“Can't wait to return!”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #11 of 195 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food! Claudia was a fabulous server. Friendly, thoughtful and extremely efficient. She made great recommendations and we were not disappointed.

We had the Grizz split between our three children, which was more than enough. I had the SCRAMbowl which was waaaaaay too much food. It was amazing! My wife had the Southern Scramble which she truly enjoyed.

We will definitely return again and again.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Portions are large for sure. Had a basic turkey club which was good but turkey was dry. Good service served timely. Ample on site parking.

1  Thank Joseph B
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I am in love with breakfast here! Eggs are cooked perfectly, the toast isn't dry and service is wonderful.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered to go online. Just bacon eggs hash browns biscuit. $11. When you order online it asks for a tip before you even check out! Why would I add a tip before I even got there?? As it turned out I'm glad I didn't though the waitress was nice. Picked up the order. The biscuit was large not huge, but not what I was expecting didn't look like a biscuit more of a Hawaiian roll. Eggs scrambled fine. Hash browns not overly large but only brown on one side. Bacon- the best bacon you'll have is the claim on the website! 5 slices of over cooked dried salty dried bacon. I guess bacon jerky? Plus they put your to go order in aluminum foil in a styrofoam box so can't nuke that in the microwave. And no Togo silverware. Or napkins. Or anything just your foam foil box. I'll say this place is overrated imo. While okay not better than a IHOP or dennys. Just more expensive. Maybe I should try lunch? Maybe. I guess maybe I'm not in the know or something..

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The biscuits are beastly, but bland as all get out! You need butter and jam to choke it down!
The hash browns are fabulous, but who can screw those up!? Service was phenomenal, very friendly staff.

1  Thank Thomas B
denisejohnson2016, Guest Relations Manager at Black Bear Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thanks for the review! So glad to hear that our great team took good care of you :) And, we'll pass that feedback onto the kitchen team.