“Nice Place”

Mary's Pizza Shack
Ranked #72 of 213 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The Pizza was good. The service was good. Place was very clean. We will go there again, when we are wanting pizza.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We've never been disappointed with either the quality of the food or the service. If "They" say location is everything, then Mary's has "location." The only drawback is when location is too good. Parking is almost always a problem, getting worse in the summer on Friday night when "Creek Walk" is in full swing. Great for Mary's...no parking and long waiting for you. It it still worth the frustration. Warm, complementary, bread sticks seem to make the wait better. Food, at this location, is always consistent, always good. From a salad or soup, to start things off, to a wide selection of entrees, and a meatball or two, we've never left hungry. While they have a nice dessert offering, we usually go around the corner to make our own yogurt dish and toppings. Our only complaint is the parking, having to complete with the theater and other businesses, while trying to time it just before a movie gets out. I guess that's not too much for a good meal and some time out with the one you love.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

My son brought home a paper from school whereby Mary's Pizza Shack would donate 20% of the check back to the school. Sounded like a great way to support the school and my wife didn't need to cook, yeah for everyone. Restaurants do these programs on SLOW nights, or so I thought. Got to Mary's about 7pm and had a 20 minute wait. Pizza was good, hot and fresh ingredients. Service was forgettable, so that is probably a plus too. It all falls apart for me that 2 drinks and two small pizzas were $43. Crazy. Pieology would be half that price. This is not gourmet dining for Pete's sake, it is a pizza joint. Next fund raiser we donate a $20 to the school and eat at home. Wife is an EXCELLENT cook, no waiting, cost less. WOW.

1  Thank stodd39
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I have been to Mary's Pizza Shack several times over the last few years and the only thing that is consistent about this place is I feel disappointed every time I dine there. The service is slow and the food is mediocre at best. Mary's in Vacaville is located in the Breden Theater complex so it does get a lot of business. However this is the only reason I go there. I once again tried the restaurant last week and once again was disappointing. Slow service again as always. I don't know why because they seem to have enough staff on duty. Finally got our food and my salad was slightly wilted but the soup looked good and the cheese bread appetizer was good but that is where the good stopped. When my wife's main course arrived she had to send her sausage pasta dish back as it was not edible. The sauce tasted like it just came out of a tin can. My chicken parmigiana arrived to the table late and my dish was also lousy. The chicken patty was dry and tasted like it had been sitting for a while. The cheese on it was not melted and it looked like it was a frozen deep fried batter thing. Not good. My pasta was warm at best and the sauce had very little taste. Once again another disappointing meal at Mary's Pizza Shack in Vacaville. I will probably try again in 2018 in hope that they improve.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I've never had a bad meal here whether it's lunch or dinner. The salads are delicious and service is awesome.

Been to Mary's Pizza Shack? Share your experiences!