See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 12 year old son traveled to Vallejo with our dogs for a dog show. Finding budget friendly accommodations that are also pet friendly are limited in the Vallejo area and most everything was booked since it was such a large dog show. I decided to give this Motel 6 a try. I'm a simple peeson, I don't require or expect anything fancy. Staying in Motel 6 many times before going to dog shows, I knew pretty much what to expect: small rooms, limited amenities, nothing fancy. What I did not expect was what we experienced. Friday night arriving late, the young man at the front desk was not at all friendly or helpful in any way shape or form. I had requested a bottom floor non smoking room for ease of moving dog equipment and kennels. The only bottom floor room was a smoking room so they put us in an upstairs room far from the parking area so we had to lug all the dogs and equipment up a flight of stairs and way around the alley side. We faced what looked like a junkyard full of smashed up cars. It was then we realized we were in for a nightmare of a weekend. In this junkyard were dozens of people from a motorcycle gang. They were setting up for a "party". This party started at 10 pm with smoking drugs, tons of alcohol, loud music, motorcycle engines revving, prostitutes and strippers, horns honking and guns firing. All these people from this party were also staying at this motel and were going up and down the stairs, screaming, fighting slamming doors. This continued well into the 4am hour. We didn't get any sleep, my dogs barked at all the commotion, and they are used to traveling and staying in hotels. The second night was even worse, crackpipes were all over the walkway, the smell of Marijuana was coming out of all the rooms, there were prostitutes turning tricks in the room next to us. And then there was the issues IN our room. First off, it smelled horrible. Just disgusting. Everything was filthy, we requested our sheets be changed and the next set wasn't any better. There were holes in the bedding, the sheets were worn and stained, the floor looked like it hadn't been mopped in months, even the towels had holes. Late into the night we also discovered that our dogs were not the only pets in the room. We had cockroaches. Everywhere. Crawling all over the walls, on the bed.... I also had to get up and take my dogs out during the night, during all of the ruckus going on, and I was honestly afraid I would get shot or raped. And under a tree at the bottom of the stairs sat a homeless guy smoking crack or meth while I was trying to walk my dogs in the middle of the night. Needless to say this was an awful experience overall and my family would have gotten more sleep had we parked our car in the middle of the freeway and slept there. This motel is advertised as family-friendly being next to Six Flags amusement park. Definitely not the case, my son was very afraid all night that something bad was going to happen to us. He was terrified of all the yelling, screaming and fighting going on all around us. Please don't ever take your families to this disgusting place. I had booked many different Motel 6 for our upcoming dog show season and after this have cancelled every single one, and will never ever stay in a Motel 6 again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016

The room was nice and clean. This motel was meant for a single men looking
for a one night stay. You get the basics, clean room, nice shower. Do not expect any amenities like tissues, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc. For what they charge a
night, you would expect more than just the room.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We LOVED that it was walking distance to six flags. Don't waste your money on a parking pass, highly recommend just taking the 10 minute walk over there and it's perfect. The staff there was alright... Make sure you spell out your name. We had issues with the spelling of my very SIMPLE name. I called and spoke to about 15 people from the hotel staff to reservation staff to other people with motel 6 all just to get a receipt emailed to me and nobody could spell my name right including 'yahoo.com' so double check everything. The rooms are simple and small but fine. There is security that walks around and makes your vehicle feel more protected!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah J
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I was traveling on business and needed a last-minute place to stay. I've stayed at several Motel 6 properties throughout Northern California, and was fortunate enough to secure the last available room at this property. The lady who checked me in was awesome (friendly and competent), General Manager Tenzin Sherab was extremely hospitable, and the room was clean and comfortable, as advertised. I would definitely recommend this motel. Thanks you for the great service.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I was looking for a place to stay for one night and didn't want to pay a great deal for the few hours. I choose Motel 6 because I have have always been happy with the price and service. I did not expect the room to be plush but I did expect it to be clean. The bedding didn't look like it had been changed. There was long black hair all over the sheets and bed spread looked like it had marijuana ash all over it. I asked for clean sheets and was handed sheets; no one staff offered to change the bedding nor was I was offered any kind of compensation. The sink looked like some had shaved and the sink was not cleaned, there was hair on the towels as well. The flood had not been cleans there were tags from cloths on the floor. That's enough; I could go on about the staff and grounds but why bother...oh they did call after I was handed the bedding to change for myself; wanted to know if the room was ok...really you just handed a paying customer sheets to change themselves...never again...inexpensive is one thing...cheap is something else...oh year there was an empty whiskey bottle behind my car when I left at 5 am...

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Vallejo - Six Flags West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2016

D b,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.