“Very good Italian restaurant”

Rosa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 294 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Rosa's serves delicious Italian food. It is a fairly small restaurant and most of the patrons appeared to be locals, which says a lot about it. The portions were huge so think about sharing a dish. But it was so loud that we could hardly hear each other talking and the service was very slow.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is my idea of stereotypical Italian ambience and wonderful Italian food. Combo calzone feeds at least two people. Ask for extra sauce and get a container of homemade goodness. They also have wine..who cares! Have calzone and dip it in sauce and make some warm memories. Oh, there is a very full menu for anything Italian.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Went here for dinner before a 6-day backpacking trip. Very glad we did! Loved the calamari and fries mozzarella appetizers. Bread was good too. Everyone was pleased with their entrées. I had chicken parmesan which was very tasty. Others were complimentary of their lasagna and Fettuccini Alfredo. Service was good and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Yum yum yum! Thank you Trip Advisor, you found it and we tried it! My husband had the spaghetti and meat balls and I had the linguini with pesto olive oil and pine nuts. Both dishes were plentiful and flavorful. We took leftovers home. Our server Orlando was quietly courteous. This will be one of our favorites in future trips through here.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Another american town, another Italian restaurant. Every time I forget my first rule: "never italian restaurants in the USA". Perhaps because I miss my country, perhaps because I hope to find REAL Italian food... I don't know, but the result is always the same... Poor quality.
Why I gave 3 dots? Well, because the waiter is a very good one. He is all the positive I found here. When he realized I'm Italian he said "you put a lot of pressure on me sir!" And he tried hard to make me happy. Unfortunately, despite of him, he failed. But he was very professional and accurate. So the 3 dots go to him. The price is reasonable compared to other restaurants in town even though it is absolutely crazy compared to Italy.
Ok. I ordered a calamari steak. Was basically a calamari filet, deep fried with vegetables. Side dish, garlic 'n olive oil pasta. Now, the question is, why the pasta is always overcooked. Dear Mrs. Rosa, you claim you have an Italian restaurant? Please, check the pasta quality and cook it properly, al dente! The pasta I got tasted like a 3 days old leftover of an Italian meal. It was dry, broken (spaghetti),and... overcooked. The dressing? No comment!
I understand that the most of your customers have no clue of how should a pasta dish taste but you have a mission... To show the italian tradition. Please change the name of the restaurant: American-italian cousine. The food I had tonight is not even close to the worst food you can get in Italy (we call Hospital food).