“Long Overdue Visit”

Get food delivered
Ranked #14 of 329 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our friends suggested Rosa's last weekend. We hadn't been in years. Don't remember why; other than we had gotten hooked on 'Little Italy' and 'La Piazza'? Anyway, we are so glad we gave Rosa's another try. The dining room has a warm, inviting atmosphere. The server was friendly and attentive. She seemed knowledgeable when we had questions about the menu. The water we requested was brought promptly. We started with Brushetta to share between the 4 of us. It was good. The salads were amazing! Lots of crisp veggies with dressings on the side. I had a blue cheese crumble, which was also served on the side. My Chicken Parmesan entree' with penne pasta marinara was a very generous portion. (I took most of the pasta home) We all 4 enjoyed our meals. The only reason I didn't rate 5 stars was the server said she'd be back with parmesan for the pastas but never brought it. (We had to ask another server to bring some) She brought glasses, but did not open nor pour the wine. (We laughed, and noted we were lucky that the white wine had a screw cap!) She was a very young gal with a nice smile. Overall, we loved it and will be going back to try more of the menu. I forgot to mention that soup or salad is included in the price of the entree'. This is wonderful, since many Italian restaurants have an ala carte menu with only bread included. The included salad at Rosa's was a lot better than the ala carte salads at the other places : )

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

I have eaten at Rosa’s Italian restaurant in Visalia since I was a child. Our daughters grew up eating in Rosa’s and even have had birthday parties and dance recital dinners there! Today they are away from home and when they come to visit, they want to eat at Rosa’s! You will always see one of the two brothers who own the restaurant there. They now have. A Rosa’s Italian Restaurant in Tulare Ca, so you will see Luigi there often. The food is fresh and made by scratch. In Tulare you will see the buggatini pasta machine when you walk in. You may see them making the pasta in front of your eyes! I love their spicy sauce and this pink sauce. They will mix things up and change them for you as you request. Their pizza is delicious. It’s has the crunch crust instead of being soggy. If you are being really health conscious, you can get their Italian salad with salami and cheese and antipasto on it and I always add grilled chicken. It’s filling and delicious! You will always get warm bread that is also made in house with your meal. If our one daughter is with us, then we get the garlic cheese bread too. If you go to the Tulare location, I would order the deep fried artichoke hearts. They are literally amazing. They bread them and season them there on the spot, before they make them! If you have a high school student, they even have high school lunch specials in Visalia for the kids. My girls went there all the time in high school. I think they are 5 dollar lunches!

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank TazzyMom
Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

Great atmosphere, food was a little slow, but very tasty, nice atmosphere for a couples night out!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 29 June 2019

On a Monday night around 7:00 it wasn't crowded at all and service was right on and fast. Because we weren't very hungry, we split a large appetizer and both of us had a generous glass of red wine. Warm bread is served along with butter or olive oil and balsamic vinegar, take your pick. We finished the evening with a wonderful piece of chocolate cheesecake. Very reasonable meal and happy campers when we left.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

Italian food is not my favorite, but we had some guests in that wanted Italian. It’s probably been more than 15 years since I been to Rosa’s. There were four of us, we all ordered something different and everyone thought the food was excellent. Service was good but not over the top. Great evening!

Date of visit: April 2019