“Fiesta in my mouth”

Las Pupusas Mama Lita
Ranked #39 of 235 Restaurants in Vista
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

I never give a perfect 5 star but this little hole in the wall does it all. Servico with a smile and adittude

Menú is in Spanish with English translation. On the wall is a sign in Spanish; "Abro cuando llego y cierro cuando me voy" which means "I open when I get here and close when I leave"
consider ordering all 10 pupusas but don't order more than 2 unless you have a huge appetite. They also come with a big bowl of like a spicy coleslaw. At 3.75 each this is a deal of a lifetime.

I highly recommend the flower pupusa. Very unique and tasty flavor.

The accompanying sauces are very well made. The small one is a very spicy roasted pepper (ancho?)sauce.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

I had been planning to enjoy again the cuisine of San Salvador.
It must have been 5 or 6 years since the last time and I had notice this restaurant just driving by.
Tonight was just the right time to stop by.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

We drove out of our way just so my family could experience pupusas for the first time and no one was sad we did. The restaurant was impeccably clean and we witnessed one of the workers sweep the floor three times in the short time we were there. The waitstaff helped recommend the best mix of pupusas that were large and a pleasure to eat. I've been to several Salvadorian places before and I expected small pupusas, so we ordered a large variety. Boy was I wrong. I think we all ate one pupusas before feeling full and asking for a doggy bag. The price was right and the food was great. Don't leave Vista without a stop here.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Great pupusas, friendly atmosphere. Run by a Salvadorian native who speaks fluent English and loves to chat with customers, and his wife.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

This was my first time eating pupusas ever. I ordered two shrimp pupusas and it took F O R E V E R!!