All reviews hard boiled eggs continental breakfast queen room comfortable bed iron horse trail easy access next morning pleasant stay would definitely stay here again convenient location motel ivy freeway noise cereal parking intersection
Reviewed 16 May 2017

We only stayed for one night and needed to leave early the next morning. The staff was willing to open the breakfast room a little early so that we could grab something to eat before we checked out. Very pleasant to deal with and very helpful.
Our room was a refurbished queen that was tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed. Extremely clean with some updated amenities (plenty of power ports).
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Made a reservation through Expedia that said free cancellations. We had an emergency come up and knew we wouldn't be able to make the first night 24 hours in advance. Called the hotel directly and the lady said sorry the free cancellation is 3 days in advance. I asked to talk to the manager and she said that she couldn't help me and we were just out the money for the night we couldn't use. She said the Manager would call me the next day (never did). I explained we stay there a lot when in the area and maybe as a courtesy we could have a one nights credit to use at a later date. She offered no help so I said OK I guess we will have to find other accommodations next time were in the area. At this point it was clear they have no idea what customer service is. She says "good we want people staying with us who follow the rules anyway". LOL. An unforeseen emergency 24 hours ahead does not equate to a rule breaker. I guess they are not in need of future guests and or good reviews :(

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
FSInns, Manager at Diablo Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I am so sorry that you recall our interaction so negatively. My perspective of our conversations certainly differs but please know that I am sorry for your frustrations. As we discussed over the telephone, unfortunately, due to the small size of the inn we are unable to be flexible with Expedia's 72 hour cancellation policy. Reservations made directly with the inn do benefit from a longer cancellation policy. I very much hope that your guests enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back again in the future.
Warmly,
Chance Tyler
Manager, Diablo Mountain Inn

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I have reviewed this motel before but I feel it needs to be updated. I have stayed here many times and it has always been friendly, clean, comfortable and, of course, well locatedNow it has been completely renovated. The bathroom was completely new. The bed had a stylish headboard with attached reading lights and a very comfortable mattress.Even all the hardware, right down to the door hinges, had been replaces with bright shiny nickel(?) The ivy which used to obstruct access to the rooms has been removed. The pool is gone so there is more parking.
What hasn't changed are the terrific people at reception and the well stocked breakfast.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Other reviews have detailed facts about this 1950s relic motor court on Route 24 at the west end of Walnut Creek. Small. clean. Somewhat noisy underneath the 680 flyover ramp. Great location on 24 within one half mile of Ruth's Chris, P.F. Changs, etc. Good neighborhood. Typical Silicon Valley charming village overtaken by high end urban sprawl. The rooms look like the owner took full advantage of World Market and Pier One, also in the neighborhood. The noise is not different from a San Antonio Marriott on 410. Great price and I personally like small motor courts with outside entry. Bedding is good, but not like Westin who promotes their beds.
Summary: great price / great location / comtemporary decor and clean. In your room 60 seconds after parking. If you don't like old motor courts drive up 680 and give your money to Marrioot or Embassy ( have stayed at both ).

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank cvohiii
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I had to take my Mom to Kaiser from Stockton for an early morning procedure. This motel was less than a mile from the hospital. While it really doesn't look like much from the outside, the room was newly remodeled. The bathroom was nice and the bed was super comfy. I liked that the floor was laminate and not carpet, so I felt comfortable walking barefoot. The clerk at check in was very nice and super friendly. There are lots of places to eat and shop. We'd stay there again if we're in Walnut Creek.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family