“Amazing Peruvian Food!”

Mr. Pollo
Ranked #56 of 261 Restaurants in West Covina
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Don't let the exterior fool you, the food here is authentic and delicious in every way! The owner of this restaurant also owns Misky Misky, but the food there is not nearly as good as Mr. Pollo. You also can't beat the prices! I usually get the Steak combo plate with rice and salad. Their green "salsa" is a little spicy but so tasty and perfect for dipping french fries in. I love coming here with my husband and his family. The hardest part is getting a table big enough for us!

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

I went there couple times to try all their menu. I concluded that they foods were just Ok. The fried rice and fried noodle was bit too greasy. The chicken was the better one from all. I say this is a fusion-style-foods.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

After spending time in Peru, I always am lusting after good Peruvian food like you can get on the streets of Lima, Cuzco, and Ayachucho. This is the place and it just does an awesome job of it. The food is about the tastiest there is. The people are friendly if a bit overwhelmed by the crazy numbers that show up every day. Here are some tips: park on the street, not in the lot as it can get a bit tight & crazy at times. Try to order ahead so your food is ready when you get there. Either take it home or sit in the restaurant although it is a bit noisy. Enjoy!

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Its sometimes hard to find a good fresh place especially when you work the night shift. Last night about 10 of us ordered lomo saltado and arroz chaufa! This food is out of this world everything on the menu is great!!! Its a little gem in Covina! Taste it and you will definitely come again and again & again!!!!!!!!! Prices are worth it!

Reviewed 24 September 2015

I have seen Mr Pollo over the years, I thought it was just a chicken place, was I wrong. We used to travel over 40 miles to get good Peruvian food, I just found my new goto place for this type of food. We tried the Lomo Saltado, it was excellent, plenty of juice and the meat was very tender. Also had the 1/4 rotisserie chicken, it was good, a little dry, next time I will get the dark meat, and the fried bananas were also excellent. The pinto beans, white rice, and the salad were all tasty. Mr Pollo is located in a skinny strip mall with not much parking. The place itself is pretty small and usually packed with people. It looks like a lot of people call in and order the food to go, which is what I plan on doing next time. To me the food is a 5, only reason I gave it a four is the parking and the size of the place. The portions are good sized, we had enough for another meal the next day, still tasted great.

Been to Mr. Pollo? Share your experiences!