“After landing at Sacramentos Airport”
Review of Elkhorn Saloon

Elkhorn Saloon
Ranked #68 of 119 Restaurants in West Sacramento
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: Country Saloon nestled in the country with patio and full dining room and bar. Specialize in Retirement, Birthday, Memorials and all special occasion. Open Tuesday thru Saturday from 11am. on serving lunch and dinner. Sunday breakfast is from 9am. until noon. You can find us on our website or facebook for all upcoming events and bands playing on our comfortable patio our side
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Great food! My husband got Fish and chips and loved it! I got the steak sandwich it was huge and had good flavor! There's a nice eating area outside!

Rose K, Owner at Elkhorn Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Thanks for the great review, hope to see you soon when you back in town.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We come every couple of months. Fish and chips is the specialty. But I hear the prime rib sandwich is great.

They have specialty soups but not every day. The asparagus soup was brilliant. Rich and thick with perfectly done bits in a thick purée. The bonus was two spears wrapped with bacon floating on top. Was a alternative to fries or onion rings where included.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped by yesterday. Listened to the KTalon band who was playing there. Good music with stage and plenty of seating outside. Natural shade and table umbrellas were available. Hadn't been here before (and will definitely be back). The food was very good. Wished there was more beers on tap, but bottled beer selection wasn't bad. Elkhorn Country Saloon needs to advertise more. It's a nice place, kind of out of the way but closer than you think if you live in the area. Need to check this place out.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

A very friendly "biker-style" bar, minus the bikers. Bar and dining room. Stick with what they are famous for: hamburgers and fish & chips. I had the BBQ and it was very sweet and also very spicy hot. The hamburger that my hb had looked incredible and he pronounced it excellent. The beer was super cold!! Friendly waitstaff.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

Years ago I came here with friends several times for dinner and the live music and decided to stop on Wednesday, 3 pm, for a late lunch. Skip (owner/bartender) was chatting with two guys at the bar and said I could choose any place to sit. I sat down at a table in the main dining room near a TV tuned to a news channel. I decided on the Fish & Chips with fries and cole slaw and an iced tea. The Fish & Chips were good, especially the fries. I enjoyed the drive along the river road to and from the restaurant, and there's plenty of parking in the lot.