“A month's stay in fall of 2016”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Perfect hotel, with a great location and great staff. Like any other residence inn, hotel is very suited for family, and yes, the walking trail around the hotel is extremely scenic. You also have a couple of good restaurants adjoining the hotel, with TARGET store half a mile away

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Customer service was rough--the lady at the front counter seemed to be the only employee most of the time and was very overwhelmed. Rooms are larger since it is a residence inn, but not spotlessly clean like you would expect. the tv has built in netflix (reason I booked here) but the internet was so slow that it never worked for more than a few at a time. LOTS of families with kids.
Many better options in the area (though no Marriotts if you're platinum and looking for status nights. The Sheraton down the road is an agreeable alternative.)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Hello Luke V,

Thank you for taking the time to ley us know about your recent stay.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for issues that you experienced. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Westlake Village.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and this one specifically 3 years in a row for my daughters tennis camp. This recent stay however was simply horrible. The cleanliness of his hotel was disgusting. I was given a room where the sheets had not been changed a dirty washcloth in the bathroom, a broken window that a piece of plastic had been taped to it and a broken lock. I was there for 10 days and my room was not serviced for 2 with no explanation. I was there for 6 days before it was even vacuumed. The laundry room was almost not usually it was so filthy. Chinese Food was spilled in the floor which I called about and instead of cleaning it up it was literally swiped to the side and part of it stayed in the corner from Saturday till Thursday when I finally complained. Will not be staying at this location and would not recommend!!!! Disgusting and horrible horrible customer service. Disappointed Marriott customer!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tplylar

Hello tpylar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village with us.

As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Staff is always courteous. Place is newly designed, safe neighborhood. Breakfast is great! Rooms are clean and spacious. Work out room is a disappointment though. they have a pool and fire pit which pretty nice. They make effort to have some type of social hour in the evening.

Room Tip: I've only been in one room but pick one near the elevator and non-smoking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
AmandaParrish91362, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear 710 Kristopher-

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott Westlake Village online. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the gym that is on property being a disappointment and dropping your review to a "4". The hotel is in a very nice area, walkable to restaurants and shops. Every day we have a complimentary hot breakfast and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings we have a social hour with complimentary beer, wine and light snacks. We do hope to see you again next time you are in the local area.

Amanda Parrish

Reviewed 7 June 2017

If you're looking for poor service on all levels then this is the place for you. I'm an elite Marriott rewards member and have never experienced such deplorable service and poor communication on all fronts. I had booked a 2 bedroom suite for this past weekend and upon check-in I was told my room wasn't ready. The gal at the front indicated that she would check in with housekeeping and put a rush on getting our room available and contact me. I had informed her that we would go grab a bite to eat nearby and come back afterwards.

When we arrived nearly 2 hours later, no room was still available. The other gentleman at the front desk stated that a room was free but housekeeping wasn't done yet and if we could wait another 15-20 minutes, housekeeping would do a walk through and ensure everything was satisfactory. Since we couldn't wait and had a reservation for horseback riding to take the family to, we indicated that we couldn't wait any longer and would try again once we were done. Upon our return, which is now after 5pm, I attempt to check in again and was told our room was still not ready. After much digging, we learned that our room was given away to another guest and was told to wait another 15-20 minutes before another room would be ready.

At no time was there ever a manager available for us to escalate our concerns to and were told a message would be left for Jared to call us back by the following morning.

Once we checked in to our room, we started to unpack and as the evening progressed, we noticed the room was quite warm. Attempts were made to adjust the thermostat and it didn't feel as if the room was cooling down. The thermostat read 78 degrees. We called housekeeping. After 30 minutes, no one showed up so we called the front desk and since there was no one else available, the gal at the front check in counter came to our room and adjusted the thermostat and said it should be fine now. 30 more minutes go by and the room is still 78 degrees. We called again, and waited, and waited and someone else came to our room, looked at it and touched a couple of buttons and said it should be fine. Now it's past 10pm and our room is still 78 degrees. Another call was made and no one came.

The following morning we waited for the manager Jared to call us. No call. As we were heading out for lunch, we called in the front desk to speak to him since we haven't heard back. Jared was at lunch and unavailable. Upon checkout which is now nearly 2pm, Jared was still unavailable. The guy at the front counter apologized profusely and stated he will ensure that Jared follows up with us. I never ever got a call back from Jared. Only a generic email a day after we checked out for a partial refund that stated "Attached within the e-mail is the refund provided to your account" and that a discount was provided and if we had questions to call the hotel. Not a single apology whatsoever and it was the first contact received from Jared.

When we called to follow up on Tuesday, we spoke to another supervisor, Amanda who listed to our concerns and claimed that an additional credit would be processed to our account. Then Tuesday I received an email from Marriott with a statement charging my room for the full amount. I called to follow up on Wednesday and spoke to Lady and upon looking in the system, all she found was the initial credit that was put on my card and no notes anywhere regarding prior discussions with Amanda. Coincidentally, Amanda is not in on Wednesday and when I was transferred to the other manager on duty, I finally had an opportunity to speak to Jared. He was cold, rude and spoke sternly back to me when I expressed my frustration regarding the poor communication and experience all around. He basically told me that Amanda wasn't in, might be in on Thursday and that she would follow up directly.

This is a Residence Inn, not on the higher end of the Marriott locations, but the room was over $400 a night regardless. Despite being a loyal Marriott rewards member, the way in which we were treated was quite awful and an experience I will never forget and will be sure to share with others.

Room Tip: Near great restaurants that are walking distance. Poor customer service at hotel overall.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn C
AmandaParrish91362, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Carolyn C-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village.

As the service standard of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the front desk, maintenance and housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service. This will be a valuable training opportunity. The credit was issued to you in two parts and the automated invoices comes out of the Marriott system automatically, so it does not reflect any refunds issued. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay and hope you will give us another try during your next visit to Westlake Village.

Amanda Parrish

2.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
14.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village? Share your experiences!