“Good BBQ”

Red Oak BBQ
Ranked #160 of 284 Restaurants in Whittier
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Our first visit was this month. Having been to many BBQ places in the south, was not sure CA BBQ could stack up, but it was good. Plenty to take home leftovers if desired. Great for BBQ diehards!

Reviewed 6 January 2016

Love the BBQ everything! Tasty BBQ meats with a choice of mild, medium hot, and very hot sauce. The meat was very tender with minimal fat and great smokey flavor. I would go back just to try the ribs which we did not try this time. We did have the "munchie" - garlic bread layered with tri-tip and pinquito beans! We split this between the two of us and it was fantastic! Since we did not know how much food was coming, we also ordered the chile cheese pastrami fries! Another winner!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Staff is friendly and always greet you with a smile. The food is average to good depending on what you order. Large selection of burgers, My friends and I have enjoyed all that we have tried, but I do suggest you get them well done. Hands down the BEST Michaladas I've had ANYWHERE!!!! The tv situation could be better but they do have enough that you wont miss a game.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

A former student now waitress recommended we stop by and try the three rib sampler, I had been there before for lunch but not dinner. I took wife and son there and tried it. It was wonderful plus the chili and potato salad and real bottled root beer
More food then I could handle so I have lunch for tomorrow plus dogs got bones and their happy , wife got the San Francisco burger and most of that came home also. But the key was Harley who took great care of us

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I love B-B-Q, so we were looking forward to trying Red Oak! Unfortunately, the meat did not have a smoked flavor and the portions left much to be desired. Fortunately, portion size was not a problem since the food was....interesting. Hopefully the cook was just having a rough day.