“Birthday Dinner”

Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Winters
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Railroad Ave.
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We visited on July 3 for a birthday dinner. The place was packed--most likely because it was July 3. Our poor waiter was running to try to keep up. We waited a long time for our drinks. I ordered the Ribeye Steak which the owner guarantees is the best there is. I have had better but it was good. The steak came with soup or salad and choice of potato. I chose the baked potato and the salad. The salad was tasty! Others in our party had the Halibut which they really enjoyed. My husband had the baseball sirloin. It was very good. The mashed potatoes were dry. For an appetizer, we had the artichoke and the calamari. Both were excellent. We brought in our own wine. Corkage fee is $12.00 w/four glasses. The food was good overall and I would return. Our waiter could not have tried harder to keep up and keep his customers happy! He should get a bonus from the owner for that!! They were definitely understaffed on the 3rd of July.

1  Thank TahitiZ

Reviewed 26 June 2017

After boating we worked up an appetite for a steak. At first I was concerned about how we were dressed, some steakhouse restaurants have a dress code, but here they did not (we were in shorts and t-shirts). There was no wait at 8:00 pm. Menu offers a variety of meat but we went for the 28oz Ribeye. We started off with a grilled artichoke which was full of flavor, very good. My ribeye was cooked perfectly with so much grilled flavor and moist (surprised for the size). I was surprised by the sides. Green beans plen too much butter and a very small baked potato with a very very small dollop of sour cream. The sides did not live up to the meat in proportion and flavor. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about his menu. for some reason the AC was on at this hour and there weren't many customers which made it colder than usual. Considering the time and the few seated tables, we had a long time wait for our dinner. We shared the mudpie for dessert which that too was delicious. When we go again, i would change the side dishes definitely would not have the little baked potato...... and I would bring a sweater lol

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Rib Eye medium, and had the juiciest taste. My son really enjoyed the steak hamburger, my wife and daughter shared the peppercorn steak and they loved, but wished they had ordered the Rib Eye steak. Our waiter, Juan T. was very professional, knowledgeable of the items on the menu, and we all enjoyed his wonderful demeanor. The only thing that I would change for the next time we go, is to get a booth, due to pretty noisy when they sat us next too parties of 6 or more. Other than that, it was well worth those awesome steaks.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We were traveling through Winters and needed some dinner. This place came up on an internet search. What a stroke of luck for a Monday night! Good cocktails (I had a martini) and my partner in crime had a delicious rich red wine from the area. The menu offers deals 5-6pm (prime rib, brochette etc). Besides steaks they offer salads, a nice variety of sides, fish, salad and of course desserts. We would happily come here again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We took a friend to Buckhorn as she enjoys their steaks as do my wife and I. While the calamari appetizer was different and excellent, our char roasts and ribs were a bit dry and slightly more done than the medium rare we ordered. The green beans were a bit overdone but the salad was good as always as was the mud pie. Perhaps it was because the restaurant was busy with graduation and prom guests that they had an "off" night.