“Awesome location and staff!”

Villagio Inn and Spa
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We recently tried the Villagio Inn after staying at Hotel Yountville for many years. I thought the property was very nice, there are tons of places to kick back in a chair, enjoy a fire pit, etc. I read a few reviews that complained about Hwy 29 noise, but I did not hear anything once inside the room and we were pretty close. We stayed in a suite and I do agree that the rooms could use some modernization and improved lighting. My wife struggled with her morning routine due to lackluster lighting. Our encounters with the staff were very pleasant - extremely helpful and no issues whatsoever. My one complaint has to do with the included breakfast. Prior to making the reservation, we read about the bottomless mimosas, omelet bar, etc. Unfortunately, this has been abandoned for a sad, tired attempt at slightly above average continental breakfast. Additionally, it is no longer in the Villagio, but at the sister property, Vintage House. This requires you to schlep over to the adjacent property to eat. On it's own, the walk if fine, but were extremely disappointed to have these amenities (a prime reason for our stay) to be discontinued. The bar wasn't open at the breakfast spot either..another disappointment. Overall, it's a great location with a great staff, but I think I like Hotel Yountville better.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are the better option. Building in the low 200s are close to the Lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allwuest

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The location of the Villagio could not be any better. Yountville is absolutely the best place to be - perfectly situated with proximity by car, bike or foot to great wineries. Not to mention the fact that it has the best food options per square foot of any location I have ever visited. We stayed in a King room which was rather large - great space, large bathroom with giant two-sink vanity separated from bath/toilet. And the fireplace is a great plus. But the room itself was quite rundown, old, dated, worn. For the price, I expected better.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Villagio Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear CSKohlman,

We certainly agree with your assessment of our Yountville location, truly the best place to stay when in the Napa Valley. With regards to our rooms being dated, I would like to share with you that we will be renovating the entire property with a reopening date of Summer 2018. I certainly hope you have an opportunity to visit us again as I'm sure you will be impressed by our new design. Thank you for posting your review and we hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We wanted to support the wine country after all of the terrible fires that they suffered. We took our cross country flight in spite of all that had happened. This hotel is closing at the end of the month for renovations.....little did we know. The rooms are tired, expensive, dark and dingy. The furniture is scratched and damaged. The rooms are so dark. Try and find someone like the manager of head of housekeeping! What a joke! They charge upwards of $600.00 per night and have some nerve. Warning...do not stay here. After renovations they are only going to charge more and I really do not know what they can do to improve this place other than knock it down and replace all of the employees! They did not even seem to care about my concerns when it came to trying to find someone from housekeeping. It took about 6 attempts to get the manager to call me back. With so many rooms, they had one person working at front desk. In general, nobody seems to care about this hotel and it shows. Stay for a few dollars more at Hotel Yountville! Go to Calistoga and stay at Solage, an amazing hotel with very good deals. They also boast a 2 Michelin Star restaurant, Solbar! Do not stay here....warning warning!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacqueline L,

We are so very disappointed to hear of your recent experience. Your patronage is very important to all of us and we would certainly like another opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel and services. I would love to have you visit us again after our renovation is complete in the summer of 2018. If you would consider another stay please reach out so I can assure that you have the best experience possible. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I have never written a review but I had to!
From the arrogant front desk clerk Chris, to the room right on highway 29 that was loud. The interior of the room was dark & dingy. Thin towels.
Absolutely a ripoff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Villagio Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear 55lag,

We are certainly disappointed to hear of your experience during your recent visit. We strive to make each guest's stay memorable, and I regret we failed to do so in your case. Thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate department managers.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The Villagio is located in Yountville. It's a nice place but it's right off the highway. The staff is accommodating and the rooms are nice. You cant say the place is dated because after all this is Napa. However, for what you get I just thought it was a little pricey compared to other hotels in the Napa Valley.

Rooms are comfortable and do have fireplaces in them. The pool is very old school and poolside service is a little suspect.

Every morning breakfast is available at no charge. There is a small buffet in the lobby. Be aware though, a little window off the patio is where you can get omelets and eggs cooked to order. Great idea. Just nobody tells you about it.

The Villagio is a nice place I'm just not sure it justifies what it costs to stay there in comparison to other places in the valley.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel1Y, General Manager at Villagio Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Rob F,

Thank you for your positive comments with regards to our staff and the comfort of our guest rooms, we appreciate the feedback. My apologies that you were not informed of our omelette station. This type of information is typically shared at check in and I regret that we failed to do so in your case. Thank you again for posting your review and we hope to have you visit us again.

Best regards,
General Manager, Villagio Inn and Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
0.4 km away
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville
13.2 km away
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!