“Second Meal - Still Very Good!”
Review of Cilantro's

Cilantro's
Ranked #43 of 166 Restaurants in Yuba City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 August 2015

This was my second time eating at Cilantro's and I was not disappointed. My wife and had the Shrimp Salad and Street Enchiladas, both were excellent. The menu is a refreshing change from the standard "Americanized" food you find at most Mexican restaurants.
The restaurant itself is looking a little worse for wear since the last time I was there, and could use a face lift, which detracted from the overall experience. Certainly not a romantic place for couples.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

What a find!

We arrived in Yuba City to see a play, and needed dinner first. Not knowing Yuba City, I'd picked another place online, only to discover on arrival that it was only a breakfast and lunch place, and thus closed. So we wandered, and came across Cilantro's.

One glance at the menu, and we knew we had to try it. Yes, it's Mexican. But it is far from being yet another purveyor of the standard list of burritos and tacos. The choices are interesting and innovative, and amazingly reasonably priced, with most entrees at about $10.

Our waiter was also the owner and chef. We spent a good while chatting with him. He's from Mexico and has worked and trained in French restaurants in the Napa area. His passion for his cooking is strongly evident.

And the results are wonderful! The freshness of the ingredients was immediately evident in the flavors and textures.

Let me put it this way. From time to time we drive north from Sacramento along I-5 to Oregon, etc. We are now thinking it's worth going up 99 instead just to pass through Yuba City for a meal at Cilantro's.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have been here a few times now and have never had a bad meal. The food is fresh and very flavorful. They Sangria’s are extremely tasty, get a carafe to sip with your meal. Loved the grilled pineapple salsa, so fresh and the Street Enchiladas are very unique with a lot of flavors.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Came here based on some good reviews. The first bad sign was their website is down. The second is that no one answered the phone at 5pm, and again at 6pm. When we showed up, the door was open but no one was in the restaurant and no one was there to greet us. We left and went elsewhere.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

After calling and talking to, I presume the owner, I made reservations for a birthday party of 6. Upon arriving the bar area was very hot, in fact the wall thermometer stated 86 degrees. It was 84 outside. We where greeted ok, and when I told about my party, the server had no clue. She then checked a list and found it and then set up our table. Chips old, salsa ok, the roasted to tomato salsa was great. New chips did come out after drinks where served. At this time we where the only table ordering, but a couple did arrive a little after we ordered. Food came out, and we had to send back 4 out of six plates. Food was not even warm, it was cold. I use trip advisor for most everything, and even though I live in yuba city, we check things out first. I find it hard to believe what others reported on food, but I can only assume the owner was not there, as no one came out to appoigize. Not the birthday night to remember, and we will not be back.