All reviewscatch and releaseroad noiserv parkpagosa springswould definitely stay here againgreen grassbeautiful streambeautiful flowersstayed longertroutgrassy arealaundry roomcable tvfree wifigravelsitesrestrooms
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We just left the park this morning and I have to say it was a great stop!

I made a point to stop and visit with Mack, the owner of the park as we pulled out. I made sure that he knew that we appreciated what he's doing. He was on site and actively managing the place. There were a few potential problems related to the power grid and extreme heat that were out of their control but they did a great job of explaining to everyone what was happening and what may happen. We experienced no problems but appreciated the heads up.

Bayfield Riverside RV park is beautiful, peaceful and extremely well managed. They went out of their way to give me a hand when I needed help and loaned me a ladder so I could perform some unplanned maintenance. (My awning was apparently closed up wet...molded).

The park is clean, green, overflowing with flowers (someone has a real green thumb) and the ponds are stocked with trout- and some of these trout are very large!

We really couldn't have asked for more. All the essentials were available, wi-fi was strong and our spot was level.

I've seen some reviews that mention rules...we are traveling with kids (11 and 15) and I personally like a park with rules that are enforced...keeps the place quiet and demonstrates respect for everyone. All we had to do is read the rules and respect them...after all, it IS their park and they are and did do their best to keep everyone happy.

Highly recommend staying there if you're in the area. Great place, good location and friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kmartinusa
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Very nice staff. Beautiful grounds, lovely flowers. Nice site next to a babbling creek. Fishing allowed....catch and release only. Sites aren't huge but adequate with the amount of trails and property you have access to. Restrooms and laundry small but immaculate. About 15 minutes outside of Durango. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank justkathyz
Reviewed 19 June 2016

First, the people that own and operate this campground are wonderful! We had to have repairs done to our truck and they went out of their way to help us. Second, the care and effort taken to make this campground special are evident everywhere. There are fun trails and fishing streams & ponds. The abundance of flowers and bird feeders also make it so pleasant to stay here. The bathrooms and laundry facilities are very clean. We did not have any problems with internet service. We stayed on a lovely site next to the river. The only negative would be the road noise, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: You can ask for sites farther away from the road. We liked ours because of the beautiful river rushing by our grassy, shady site.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth A
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

So the Internet is spotty at best if your lucky. Very slow poor comnections. Showers are Luke warm at best. Spend 15 to 20 minutes getting it to be even moderately warm. Drunk idiots in park who have no respect for others. A lot of full time campers there. Parking for more than 1 vehicle sucks. No campfires allowed. Granted the water is nice and they do have catch and release but it doesn't make up for other essentials you may need.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2016

We came in just after a fairly decent snow storm in February. I called in advance to let them know as I suspected they'd have to clear out a spot for our 44' 5th wheel, which proved to be true. We stayed for nearly a month, as my husband was working nearby, and the park in and of itself was nice. This isn't their "season" so the office/lounge was closed for renovations, which was a little disappointing because I work "from home" and enjoy getting out of the RV and going elsewhere to do some work to break up the monotony. That said, the laundry facilities were good and reasonably priced, the spaces weren't crowded (again, this is winter - off-season), their rates were very reasonable, especially if you were paying weekly or monthly, and the people there we nice, both staff and RVers.
The only issue I had was with the amount of snow and ice that was throughout the park on roadways and walkways. Obviously, it's winter, and I don't expect it to be perfect, but they had equipment and could have cleared a bit more, if for no other reason than safety as I slipped a few times walking to the dumpster and the laundry facilities. A less agile person could have had major issues.
All in all, the property thawed out by the time we left and looked beautiful with the creeks, river, pond, and picnic areas on and near the property. There are little hiking trails nearby and walking paths throughout the park, not to mention the property mascot, Al the Alpaca is a fun suprise. There were several places to walk your dogs both on and off property (and there were a lot of people with dogs), and restaurants, groceries, gas, propane, and general stores nearby. We would certainly come back again should we be back in the area.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business