“Unimpressed”
Review of Boulder Marriott

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Location was great, convenient to get around most areas in Boulder. Service on the other hand was severely lacking. From the poor arrival experience to insanely slow lunch service at the bar, attentiveness and timeliness seemed to be absent at every interaction. Carpet in room had large stains, HSKP knocked on door at 9a on day of departure, even with DND sign hanging on door. One execption, Hannah at the FD was very courteous and provided the best service at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
TJ D, Front Office Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dentravelr,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Guest satisfaction is our top priority, so I am disheartened to hear that this was something that you found lacking at our hotel. I will make sure to notify all the departments you mentioned in order ensure that we continue to improve on our service and guest experiences.
I would love a chance to speak with you about your experience and see what we could do better for you and other guests in the future, please call me at the number below or send me an email at the email below in order to discuss this further.

303-448-6600

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We've stayed at the Boulder Marriot several times. This past time (September 2017) we arrived to find they had really upgraded and remodeled the Lobby and Bar area. The bar area is very nice. Lovely at night especially. The fireplace was on, the lighting was very cozy (not garishly bright), the furniture was lovely with a sleek modern yet warm feel. Hubby and I sat down by the TV/Fireplace area and had a nightcap before retiring for the evening. It was very warm and cozy.

Speaking of retiring for the evening.......let's get to the rooms. I'm hoping the remodeling of the lobby/bar area is an indication that there will be a start of sprucing up and remodeling the actual hotel rooms. They are definitely a little tired and dated. Which doesn't match the newness and niceness of the main area.

The Boulder Marriott is in a great location. The staff is nice. The main area is new and fresh. The rooms are in need for an upgrade.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
TJ D, Front Office Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

SallyLuu,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our renovated lobby and bar area, we are all very proud of it and we are very glad that you found it comfortable and inviting!
Our rooms currently have held up for us for 20 years, however we are very excited to be starting a renovation of all our guests rooms in November! We will have new flooring, new beds, new bathrooms, etc. We have been listening to our guest reviews, requests, and recommendations, and many of these things will be part of the renovation.
Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will be back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We lost power for 12 hours on the coldest day of the year, so we checked in at the Marriott. It was fine - good beds, in-room thermostat (important after freezing all day!), free Wi-Fi (well, included in the overall room rate), etc. I dislike Marriott pillows (too soft and yet with a concrete feel, which is weird) but overall nice beds. Lovely views from this particular Marriott. We ate at the bar, which was okay (it's a better bar than restaurant, but the food was edible). All in all, fine.

Room Tip: Ask for Flatiron views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TJ D, Front Office Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Susan S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I appreciate your feedback! I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during the power outage! I hope everything has gone back to normal for you.
Our #1 priority is our guest satisfaction and we always hope to exceed expectations, so I am sorry to hear that we have fallen short of our goal. We will be going through a renovation starting in November, so we will be making sure to provide many new amenities and bedding for our guests.
Please contact me at the email below should you decide to stay with us again, I would love a second chance to show you how great of a hotel and staff we have here at the Boulder Marriott.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was traveling to visit the university and didn't have many choices when to book. I read the reviews and frankly was a bit concerned. Simply, I normally travel to and stay at only the best hotels I can and normally a property with reviews like this one would not even be considered. In this case, I just didn't have a choice as nothing else was available.

First, I asked the hotel if they had a service they used for hotel pickup's. I was given the name of a gentleman named Theo. I have to say, I do not think I have EVER met a nicer driver ever. He went above and beyond. he knew everything about the hotel and the area. He loved his job and you could tell he loved working with the Marriot. it was great to get picked up at the airport by Theo as first impressions are so important and you could not possibly ask for more.
Arriving from the airport about 45 minutes later, you notice right away that this hotel is located in a great location. plenty of places to eat and shop. A short drive to pearl street as well. Adjacent to the hotel is the breakfast place Buffs - you will wait for a table, but it is worth it. One of the best breakfasts I have had anywhere. you should at least try it one day during your stay.
The main area of the hotel has been renovated. It is inviting and the place has a cool vibe. Nice bar, plenty of TV's, pool table etc. Despite the other reviews here, I found the staff from the front desk to the bar to be friendly and helpful. food was decent if nothing to write home about and we did have apps on more than one occasion during our stay. The flatbread was great.
The rooms are old. Yes there are stains on the carpet, yes the bathrooms have many blemishes. They certainly need to be redone. When you walk into the hotel there were pictures of what thew new rooms will look like once the reno is completed and they look great. It is worth noting that as picky as I am I never really felt like the rooms were "dirty". Even though there were stains on the carpet, they had been cleaned. The beds were great and comfortable and seemed much newer than the rest of the room. The bathroom while old was also "clean" despite wear and tear. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised after reading these reviews.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
TJ D, Front Office Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Good afternoon Ewrtravel,

I am so happy to read this review today! I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and our staff was able to take care of you. Theo is a joy to work with and he definitely makes sure to take care of our guests, I have made sure that he is aware of your kind words and he is very appreciative.
As you stated, we are about to go through a renovation of our guest rooms and hallways. We are very excited to be offering an upgraded experience as we are always listening to our guests' concerns and feedback, therefore many of the changes and updates are directly the result of our wonderful guests! We will also be updating and changing our restaurant menu!
Our guests comfort and satisfaction continue to be our top priorities before, during, and after renovation, so I hope that you are able to come back and visit us again once we have made all the changes that we are so excited about!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel little bit expensive while rooms are big clean and I can't say quite because at 8 am every morning the lady open the doors loudly.
Lobby is unique staff are friendly.
The breakfast better in very nice restaurant in your left hand.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
TJ D, Front Office Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Bahar9733,

Thank you for your review! I will make sure to share your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and our wonderful town!
We hope that you will be able to visit us again, especially after our renovation!