“Amazing!”
Review of Mile High Gliding

Ranked #22 of 38 Tours in Boulder
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

There's everithing ok , I booked with just one day and I have a very exiting experience! Worth every penny! I could fly over the mountains and enjoy a very silent flight!

All reviews
"exhilarating experience"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"explained everything"
in 3 reviews
"ride"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 17 July 2016

As part of a mystery trip to Colorado, my husband booked the extended glider trip for me as a surprise. On the day of my flight, inclement weather (cold, nasty rain, low ceiling, socked in) prevented our soaring that day. MHG worked with us to reschedule my flight to fit within our tight schedule for which I am thankful. I have always dreamed of soaring over the Rockies in a glider and all my fantasies and wishes were fulfilled by Ty. I flew in a Grob, fiberglass glider and it afforded a much quieter ride; thus enhancing my enjoyment. The unimpeded view of the Rockies from 12K feet is awe inspiring and left me feeling humble in nature. Ty, a licensed glider instructor, is a young fellow with lots of glider experience and this first time flyer felt safe, secure and comfortable. The thrill of soaring over the Flatirons, waving to hikers on the peaks and the view of distance snowed covered mountains will always remain a milestone memory in my life. Thank you Ty for the ride of a lifetime. Although a gratuity is not mentioned, Ty went above and beyond my expectations and delivered the premium ride. If you are pleased, show your gratitude.

2  Thank enture
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

We had a free day in Boulder and lucky us we were able to call and get 3 flights for the same day. I am pretty sure that was pure luck. This operation is awesome! I took my 6 year old and my husband took our 4 year old. Our nanny went by herself. Our kids are both dare Devils, adrenaline junkies so this is NOT for every youngster. Use your best judgement. You know your kid. The guy that runs it didn't think our kids would handle it but they did. I trusted my gut and boy did they have an amazing time with Ty. What a great guy. He made sure they were safe and happy. We all had great flights. He is such a nice guy. I trusted my life and my kid's life with him and I would do it again. Hope to be back next year! Thanks for the great rides!! It was spectacular!

1  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed 7 January 2016

The views were awesome and it's pretty cheap for the shorter ride. The staff is friendly and fun. The plane is cramped and a little cold but it's really not that bad.

1  Thank oddball285
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 August 2015

My fiance and I reside in Boulder and we have seen the gliders soaring above our heads for years, so I finally decided to purchase the "Mile High" trip for two as a surprise birthday present for him. To book the flight, I simply walked into the office one afternoon and spoke with the owner which seemed to be the most efficient method. As others have mentioned, you park next to an old Airstream trailer beside the tiny airport that serves as Mile High's office. Don't expect customer service...you have to go into this experience with flexibility, an open mind, and patience. Everyone is very friendly, but it's astonishingly unorganized from a logistical standpoint...for instance, there doesn't seem to be much of a schedule or timeline in place from management for the pilots; as they land from a previous flight, they are assigned their next one spur-of-the moment. In any case, once we were assigned a pilot 30 minutes after our originally scheduled flight time, the two of us got in the backseat of a glider that had seen better days...as in, it was old and shabby. Kind of hilarious actually. You have to be quite slender to sit two side-by-side in the back seat. I am 5'5" and 115 lbs, and my fiance is 5'9" and about 145, and it was tight for us, especially in the shoulder area, so the only way to stay comfortable was for me to put my arm around him. Once we were in the glider, our experience skyrocketed into AWESOME...our pilot, David, was AMAZING! He was so calm, collected, informative, passionate about what he did, and he explained everything to us and what to expect in acute detail. He also pointed out many features and landmarks of Boulder when we were in the air. We flew out over the Flatirons, made big banking turns for the ultimate bird's eye view, and it was an incredible, memorable experience. Truly worth every cent for the flight itself and expertise of the pilot that we were lucky to have. I was really hoping I wouldn't feel queasy during the flight, but sure enough - about 30 minutes in, I knew I was a little off, so our pilot purposely kept the flight as smooth as possible for me and we opted to avoid any trickier maneuvers. If you are prone to motion-sickness from reading in a car, do not eat anything before you get into the glider and maybe take a Dramamine beforehand. Overall, I highly recommend this experience if you are not on a tight timeline, can go with the flow, have cash to spare, and can exercise patience when dealing with unorganized management. The flight itself is one you will remember for the rest of your life. A+++ to our glider pilot, and the pilot alone, for making this excellent experience what it was.

6  Thank J B