“Fantastic experience soaring”
Review of Mile High Gliding

Ranked #18 of 37 Tours in Boulder
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

I never expected gliding to be so wonderful. Although we ended up lifting off about a half hour behind schedule, the ride was more than worth the wait. We circled inside a thermal and rose more than 2,000 feet to practically skim the underside of a cloud. The Foothills below the glider provide a picturesque backdrop as you ride on the currents of the wind. We went in a negative G-force dive to experience weightlessness, a truly sensation, as well as gliding past the Flatirons to provide a whole new view of them. In total, we soared for 45 minutes.

Yes, the office is disorganized, it was rather disappointing to have to wait for our ride, and expensive at $259 for two riders, but I would highly recommend this for a memorable experience in Boulder as long as you have a reasonable time buffer. A hat or sunscreen might be good as the glider's canopy is transparent and lets in lots of sun.

1  Thank summit42

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

There's everithing ok , I booked with just one day and I have a very exiting experience! Worth every penny! I could fly over the mountains and enjoy a very silent flight!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

As part of a mystery trip to Colorado, my husband booked the extended glider trip for me as a surprise. On the day of my flight, inclement weather (cold, nasty rain, low ceiling, socked in) prevented our soaring that day. MHG worked with us to reschedule my flight to fit within our tight schedule for which I am thankful. I have always dreamed of soaring over the Rockies in a glider and all my fantasies and wishes were fulfilled by Ty. I flew in a Grob, fiberglass glider and it afforded a much quieter ride; thus enhancing my enjoyment. The unimpeded view of the Rockies from 12K feet is awe inspiring and left me feeling humble in nature. Ty, a licensed glider instructor, is a young fellow with lots of glider experience and this first time flyer felt safe, secure and comfortable. The thrill of soaring over the Flatirons, waving to hikers on the peaks and the view of distance snowed covered mountains will always remain a milestone memory in my life. Thank you Ty for the ride of a lifetime. Although a gratuity is not mentioned, Ty went above and beyond my expectations and delivered the premium ride. If you are pleased, show your gratitude.

1  Thank enture
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

We had a free day in Boulder and lucky us we were able to call and get 3 flights for the same day. I am pretty sure that was pure luck. This operation is awesome! I took my 6 year old and my husband took our 4 year old. Our nanny went by herself. Our kids are both dare Devils, adrenaline junkies so this is NOT for every youngster. Use your best judgement. You know your kid. The guy that runs it didn't think our kids would handle it but they did. I trusted my gut and boy did they have an amazing time with Ty. What a great guy. He made sure they were safe and happy. We all had great flights. He is such a nice guy. I trusted my life and my kid's life with him and I would do it again. Hope to be back next year! Thanks for the great rides!! It was spectacular!

1  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed 7 January 2016

The views were awesome and it's pretty cheap for the shorter ride. The staff is friendly and fun. The plane is cramped and a little cold but it's really not that bad.

1  Thank oddball285