“Great Sunday over boulder”
Review of Mile High Gliding

Ranked #23 of 38 Tours in Boulder
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic first sailplane ride with Dave. He really focused on making it a memorable event and explained everything clearly. Truly a bucket list experience.

All reviews
"exhilarating experience"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"explained everything"
in 5 reviews
"ride"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I heard about this from a friend. A fun experience for a pretty reasonable price. We went for a 45 minute glide. Spectacular views and a really exhilarating experience. So glad we tried it.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Things to know before you go:

Making an appt.: You need to go in to this knowing this business is disorganized. I called several times for 2-3 days before someone called me back, but they did - finally! Also, they were running almost 45 minutes behind schedule the day we went because the people for the appt. before us were running late.

Getting there: We followed our GPS which were the same directions from their website and didn't have any issues finding the place.

What to bring: We were there in June and wore shorts and t-shirts and were completely fine. We were not hot or stuffy on the flight as there were vents blowing in fresh air. You might want sunscreen as there isn't too much shade while you wait. Bring water to stay hydrated if you aren't used to the altitude.

Altitude/Motion sickness: We are not used to the altitude and had gotten severe headaches a few days prior when we went to the top of Pikes Peak. I explained this to our pilot and he gave us a bag and recommended drinking water through the flight. Thanks to his advice, we didn't have any issues with this at all. It honestly feels very similar to flying in a regular plane except you are in the cockpit and get the most amazing views!

Bathrooms: There is a port-a-potty which is a short walking distance from their "office"/trailer.

The flight: I took the Mile High flight as a single and then my teenage children did the same flight as a double. Our Pilot was Roland and he was absolutely terrific!!!! He was so thoughtful in reminding me that it was my flight so if there was something I wanted to do or see that I needed to let him know. After being towed to about 5,000 ft above the ground he told me to pull the release cable - super cool!!!! We did some figure 8's, but only after he asked if I wanted to. (The figure 8's were beyond amazing!). He pointed out different peaks in the Rockies and we flew very close to get a good look at the Flat Irons. He also explained how a lot of the instruments worked on the plane which was very interesting. My teenage children had a very similar flight and both stated that it was their absolute favorite thing they have ever done!

Overall, putting up with a little disorganization was beyond worth it! I highly recommend this experience at least once in your life. Thank you Mile High Gliding for giving us memories to last a lifetime!!!!

If you found this review to be helpful, please click the helpful link below! Thanks a bunch!

5  Thank Phillitravels
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We were in boulder and I decided to surprise my wife for her 60th birthday with a gliding trip. They were very professional and she had a great time. They took her over the area that we had hiked the previous day. Lots of fun!