8 people are viewing this hotel
US$293
Free cancellation until 03/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$293
Free cancellation until 02/12/21
Trip.com
US$283
eDreamsUS$293
travelup.comUS$335
getaroom.comUS$293
All reviews shuttle service main street town home short walk to the gondola full kitchen free shuttle underground parking definitely stay here again resort fee bowling alley ski hill king bed close to downtown townhome lodge condo property
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2020

We stayed at Mountain Thunder for a week while our three kids were having virtual school during COVID. We booked through Expedia (we are Expedia Gold members and this is an Expedia VIP property) and received an upgrade to a larger condo on arrival. We were very pleased with the upgrade. The condo "townhome" was in excellent condition and well equipped. The internet was fast and supported three concurrent video conferences at once. The pedestrian access to Main Street restaurants and shopping is ideal.

A couple of notes:

1. Main street is closed to vehicle traffic during COVID. Additionally, the city is building a new parking deck across from the entrance to the lodge. This resulted in heavy traffic on North Park Avenue and made entering and exiting the lodge an exercise in patience.

2. The $35 a night resort fee needs to be adjusted down to a lower rate during COVID. The resort fee includes:

Shuttle service
Ski shuttle
Business center/computer access
Internet access
In-room coffee

Charging the standard $35 a night fee when there is no housekeeping during COVID, the in-room coffee provided is weak and flavorless and the gym is closed is a bit egregious. The public grills are off limits, and using the shuttle, especially when the weather is nice, seems risky during COVID. We did make use of the internet and the main pool area, but that was it.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again if the resort fee policy and inclusions were adjusted to reflect the current health crisis.

Date of stay: September 2020
6  Thank 404foo
Reviewed 23 September 2020

Outstanding customer experience at front desk registration. As I checked in, I explained I had just had a VERY difficult time at the Stanley in Estes Park.. The manager over heard and kindly upgraded my room. That type of customer service exceeded my expectation and will not be forgotten!
Other staff at the front desk were equally gracious and showed great hospitality.
A little human interest goes A LONG WAY!

Room tip: Choose view.. avoid facing the street.
Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank Betty65SeattleWA
Dustin Stokes, General Manager at Mountain Thunder Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Hi Betty,
Thank you so much for such a glowing review. I am so happy to hear that our team found yet another opportunity to help elevate one of our guests' stays. Our team understands that vacations are a special time and they strive to make each one of them memorable. I hope you can come back and visit again!

Reviewed 4 August 2020

This lodge has a fantastic location. Just a few minutes walk via underground path to the gondola station and just a 5 minute walk to Main St. as well. Underground parking is convenient and pool/hot tub area was great as well. The pool attendant was so quick to clean chairs/tables as soon as guests left. And the # of guests was limited to a safe capacity. Would recommend and look forward to staying here again.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank john_charissa
Dustin Stokes, General Manager at Mountain Thunder Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mountain Thunder Lodge. I agree that Mountain Thunder Lodge has one of the best locations in Breckenridge. I am also pleased to hear that our efforts around operating our facilities in a safe manner were well received. I hope you can come back and experience Mountain Thunder Lodge again!

Reviewed 17 July 2020 via mobile

Decent place, pool closed due to COVID but I would stay again. Rustic feel, bed wasn’t comfortable, too firm for me but rooms were clean and we had a nice patio. Was surprised there was no a/c but didn’t end up needing it as they provided a fan and temps were at a steady 70 degrees.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dustin Stokes, General Manager at Mountain Thunder Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2020

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mountain Thunder Lodge. Our pool is reopening with limited hours and some other modifications to help ensure our guests' safety while utilizing the facilities and I hope you can come back and enjoy the pool soon. I am glad that you found the temperatures manageable as it is very uncommon in a high-alpine environment to have A/C available due to our cooler weather. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2020

We were invited by a friend to Mountain Thunder Lodge. The Lodge was tastefully decorated, service was excellent, the convenience to downtown (less than 2 blocks) made for a very nice vacation. The gondola is across the street (there is an underground tunnel or free shuttle right to the gondola) and it is ski in to the back door of the main building--follow the signs.
There is no restaurant on site, but condo/town home has a full kitchen and the shuttle will take you anywhere in Breckenridge and pick you up when you call. Underground parking was a plus.
Having a king bed in each of the 2 bedrooms was very nice for couples.

Room tip: Condos with vaulted ceilings seem larger, prefer no wall-to-wall carpet (hardwood / tile floors seem cleaner--just my opinion)
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank charlesfO2844SH
Dustin Stokes, General Manager at Mountain Thunder Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share in your experience and the glowing review. Mountain Thunder Lodge is truly my favorite lodging available in Breckenridge. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a return visit.