2 people are viewing this hotel
US$399
US$399
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$395
PricelineUS$399
eDreamsUS$399
MarriottUS$399
All reviews full kitchen maggie pond main street charter sports pull out couches within walking distance marriott timeshare free laundry parking garage in town queen bed ski lift great view of the mountains master bedroom restaurants and shops during ski season hot tubs are
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

I had some concerns about this hotel given some of the reviews I had read online concerning cleanliness and outdatedness, but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, the location cant be beat. Stayed in a villa, plenty of room with updated kitchen. Had to make reservations for fitness center and pool so if you want those things need to plan ahead. Would stay again.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ColoradoAMC
Marriott Vacation Club, Other at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Hi, thank you for your review of Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our accommodations met your vacation needs. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 29 March 2021

Location in Breck is fantastic, at the base of Peak 9, about 100 yd walk out to the Quicksilver lift and there is a way to ski right in to the building. Room was clean and quiet and had a full kitchen which was nice. What kept this rating from being higher, is the internet was worthless during the day. It's an open system, no password, and the router can't handle the load. It worked great at 1:30 AM, but from 8AM to 10PM it was practically worthless. Luckily my iphone had good personal hotspot which let me take care of things in office. Arguably I should not have given them 3 stars=Average, because average hotels have useful internet. This was the worst internet of any hotel I ever stayed at. But I loved the location, and almost everything else was great. Another issue- I couldn't use house phone to call front desk because they don't accept calls with blocked ID, and the room's phone was blocked. I tried calling from my cell, and got voice mail. Called in to Marriot's main #, and a helpful employee contacted them. Even at a 2* hotel, it is easy to reach the front desk. They have a nice swimming pool, but it is too hot for lap swimming due to it's temperature of 97 degrees Farenheith.
But room, location, and cleanliness were great.

1  Thank BallsofThunder
Marriott Vacation Club, Other at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Hi, thank you for your review of Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge. We are happy that our location and accommodations met your vacation needs. We are saddened to hear that you had internet challenges during your stay with us. We will share your comment with our Engineering team so they may investigate. We thank you for staying with us and hope to provide a better experience on a future stay.

Reviewed 25 March 2021 via mobile

Two stars for the views and location (for skiers). If you are not a skier/snowboarder Please go somewhere else. But if you are take in consideration:

There is no A/C. Just a heater (very inaccurate)

Old sheets and towels (some with stains). White/lightyellow towels.

Shower curtains smell terrible. Believe the other reviews about cleanliness.

You feel like you are in a low level independent hotel while you are paying over $400 per/night Marriott. Dirty floor and appliance.

Nice location. 5-10 min walk to the lift access. Not really a walking distance to the shops as they say, the way Is not pedestrian friendly.

That was the hotel review. But there was a situation that not necessarily will happen to you, but be aware.

The shower handle wasn’t working right. The water was either too hot or too cold. They sent some one. He started saying nonsense about people taking showers at 9pm etc etc. I told him it was the handle, he agreed and returned with the part. So far so good. When he realized it was a complicated job he said “someone will be here at first time in the morning to repair it”. Short story , I asked him if someone else can come a repair it and then the show begun.

He stared raising his voice more and more telling us GO BACK TO FLORIDA AND NEVER COME BACK, NOBODY WILL COME AT 9PM FOR YOU. This sad show in front of my wife and two kids. Right away I called the front desk and asked for security, because this person looked out of control, but he smile with sarcasm and said (I’m security). Yes this is not a 1 star road motel, is a Marriott.

Sarah at reception did nothing but ignored the situation, she said “is out of my hands”. To complete the show this person left the bathtub dirt with grease stains (I’ve attached pictures), I asked Sarah to send someone to clean it and she said is not possible because of COVID rules restrictions, so she asked me to do it my self. So be aware of the service.

There is unstable people anywhere and nothing is perfect, but the way this management reacted is scary. My kids were so afraid of this person came back, we felt insecure. No body called the next day to talk about the situation, no one said anything at all. There is so many options, don’t take the risk, go somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JMONTENEGRO

Hi, thank you for your review of Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge. We are deeply saddened to hear about the experience that took place while vacationing with us. We will share your feedback about cleanliness with the site leaders, so it may be reviewed. The behavior you have described from our team is very out of the ordinary and we like to investigate more. If you would like to discuss further, please contact Customer Advocacy at 800-860-9384 or customer.advocacy@vacationclub.com.

Reviewed 6 March 2021

This hotel got one star, only because of its location. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have given it any stars at all. Our trip was for 9 days and we picked this hotel for its location and because it had a full kitchen. It is a short hike up the hill and you are at the ski lift which was nice. The ski shop in the hotel is also very nice and some of the best prices in town. The hotel itself is old and could use some updating. Over the 9 days we requested that our room be serviced once since areas like the entry way, kitchen sink and bathroom can get very dirty. The hotel refused to clean the room, we requested to be provided cleaning supplies to do it ourselves and were also denied. We were supplied a small packet of alcohol wipes and are supposed to clean our toilets and floors with that!! I would think that during a pandemic that hotels would be CLEANER than average, not completely neglected. Further, requesting additional supplies from the hotel staff like towels and toilet paper causes more direct person to person contact with the staff than cleaning an empty room. I wouldn't stay here again... I would stay across the street at the Residence Inn - also has a fully equipped kitchen, newer, and much nicer.

3  Thank bowen41899
Marriott Vacation Club, Other at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Hi, thank you for your review of Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge. We are deeply saddened to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us but only the location. All of our rooms are being cleaned thoroughly prior to arrival and at this time housekeeping services are not being offered, we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We will share your feedback about supplies not being provided when requested with the site leaders. We do appreciate your patronage and hope to provide a better experience on a future stay.

Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

I almost bought a Marriott timeshare and this place makes me glad I didn’t. I love Marriott’s in general but this is a disappointment. It’s very average, at best. And almost $400 a night. Room and hallways smell musty, front desk staff are not friendly, rooms are not nice and the pool closes at 6. I recommend looking elsewhere.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Camper701047
Marriott Vacation Club, Other at Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Hi, thank you for your review of Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge. We are sad that you did not enjoy your stay with us and experienced opportunities in the room and with the front desk. We will share your feedback with the site leaders as we are always striving to improve. We do appreciate your patronage and hope to provide a better experience on a future stay.