“Fantastic!”

Lauer-Krauts
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The kraut burger was wonderful. Who knew such simple ingredients could taste SO good? Friendly service, great food, I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We love be Lauer Krauts. They are always friendly and have great service. We always get it to go, but over the summer I heard someone at the tables recommend the honey mustard. I’m not a huge mustard fan, but it was amazing! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

You want a comfort food that speaks to Colorado's migrant history? Lauer-Krauts has it is spades! The Kraut burgers speak to the German influence and the chili they serve is a good example of what is good in Colorado! Visiting this place is like coming home and having a picnic with your favorite relatives! The staff is friendly and fun to joke with! The Kraut burgers are a mixture of cabbage, hamburger, onion and rolled in a dough pastry. This is the original hot pocket! Check them out! You will be glad you did!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I am a soup fan and this place makes great soup (from my one experience). I hoped to be there on a day they made the bean and noodle - but the corn chowder I had was great. The corn tasted fresh and wasn't overcooked and the diced potatoes were firm but tender. The soup itself wasn't overly thick, but had a rich dairy taste. Excellent chowder.

If you haven't been there before - a couple of tips. This is off the main street in a residential/light business area (a hair salon on one side and a chiropractor on the other). Parking on the street wasn't a problem. The menu was confusing to me. But - pretty much you can get a kraut burger plain, with American cheese or with jalapeno cheese. There is also a dessert of the day, a dough enclosed German sausage or hot dog, and SOUP. The day I was there, two soups were available. Both were house made. If there are noodles in the soup - they are also house made!

I love cabbage and I adore cabbage burgers. And this is what they do. But, I have to agree with the folks who say they are underseasoned. But they offer hot sauces, a variety of mustards and their house made honey mustard (which is awesome). I really needed the condiments.

I had the original kraut burger and my husband had the one with American cheese. Honestly - not much difference. The cheese added a little creaminess. But - not worth it to me.

The German sausage wasn't my favorite - might try a hot dog next time. The sausage was a coarse grind and a bit dry.

In all cases, the enclosing bread dough is lovely and clearly fresh made. The people who work here take great pride in their food and love to see new people.

You can eat inside at nice little tables or outside in the patio under umbrellas. This is a smaller place than I expected, but they have a big map of where people came from - and it is all over the place. And, if you missed the Food Network DDD show - they post the next showings, so you can catch up!

The dessert of the day was an apple kouga and it looked wonderful.

In short - excellent soup and great dough. Filling is less flavorful than I like - but you can condiment it up. Save room for dessert. And chat with your hostesses!

1  Thank Rita B
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Lauer kraut burger with American cheese was excellent. Great flavor, in a pastry crust- not your typical burger. German potato salad was also fantastic. Hard to find - about 200 ft south of Bridge st, east side of 6th Ave.

Been to Lauer-Krauts? Share your experiences!