“Great find”

Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Was sitting in my hotel room trying to figure out where to go for dinner
Found this little gem and it was well worth the drive
Had a carnitas burrito with awesome green sauce
Chips and salsa to round out the meal
Since I am bit particular about Mexican food, I can say this passed all the tests
Just may have to divert to this hidden gem the next time I fly in to Denver

1  Thank Zseller

Reviewed 22 December 2017

In my experience, La Estrellita has the best Mexican food in the north suburban Denver area! I've dined there for years and you'll like the way the staff caters to your needs! The restaurant was recently remodeled and now has mood lighting. My favorite entrees include the Mayan Enchiladas, shredded chicken/beef Indian Taco, #10 Crystal's Favorite (3 shredded chicken/beef enchiladas, beans, and rice), #7 Green, White and Red (bean burrito smothered in red chili, chicken enchilada smothered in the Mayan sauce, and a crispy chili relleno in green chili), and the chicken/beef fajita burrito. If you're like me, you'll like the green chili, which is available in mild, medium, hot, or extra-hot! If you don't like very spicy food, you can order the flavorful red chili, or the enchilada sauce. If you prefer, you can substitute the refried/whole beans in your entree with black beans. Your taste buds will reward you for dining at La Estrellita!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

So we stumbled upon this restaurant while driving thru Brighton. It seemed strange it was in the basement, but on Trip Advisor it was ranked #1. For good reason it is rated #1, the food was awesome! I chose the Huevos con Chorizo and it was so good I will not try anything else because it won me over! The staff is fast and the food it great!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We've been going to Brighton's La Estrellita for years and enjoy the drive knowing we'll get some good Mexican fare. They now offer very good monthly specials and well as the evolving regular items. Medium spice is very reasonable, but hot spice can occasionally cause tears in my eyes. I like the jalapeno cream enchilada and my husband likes the pork ribs when they are available. These aren't your typical Mexican-American fare, but family recipes. There is usually plenty of parking a block west of the place. Get there early (before 5) or late on the weekends or you may have to wait a bit for a table.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Love the food and the service. It was delicious and always great. We come here as a go to family dinner place. It never disappoints.

Been to La Estrellita? Share your experiences!