“Hidden gem....best margaritas!!”

Spicy Tacos
Ranked #7 of 98 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We were taken here by relatives who live near here. When we drove up, I didn't expect to have such a good meal. The margaritas are some of the best I've ever had. Homemade recipe.....not too sweet and no neon green colors. All the food was exceptional. The only reason I gave them four instead of five stars is because their taco shells are the store bought kind....you've got to fry your own taco shells....so weird because everything else was so authentic.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying, I love to write positive reviews of new places my family visits so it is with a heavy heart that I must work my first bad review.

We waited 20 minutes for our ice tea and waters. Our appetizers came out before or drinks. As we were waiting for our meals, we watched people around us get their drinks and meals even though they arrived after us.

The food was seriously bland. No flavor at all. I could not taste the difference between the guac and the beans. And to top off or family dinner, the Spanish music they we're playing was extremely loud. I just wanted to pay my bill and leave.

The place has potential but my family and I won't be going back.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I ordered the spinach quesadilla and a side of rice and beans. I never got the side and the quesadilla was tasteless and so was the guacamole. The chips seemed more like crackers and the salsa was fat too hot for my tastes.

I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

The food was good, my jalapeño roasted was hotter than green chili. Staff was nice,service good, drinks excellent! Sign in bathroom, saying please do not flush toilet paper, we'll not good.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Tried this with a couple of guys earlier today after finding it on Groupon. (By the way, just because it made Groupon doesn't mean it's good. I checked the reviews on TripAdvisor before buying the Groupon.) Like every other Mexican restaurant, they have enchiladas, burritos, etc. What I hadn't see before is the molcajete. A collection of meat, cactus leaf, and so on. Presentation was as different as the dish. I'm glad the server recommended it. More food than I should have consumed in one sitting, but I was very happy afterwards. Worth a repeat visit, with or without a Groupon.

Been to Spicy Tacos? Share your experiences!