“Two championship courses in a world class setting”

The Broadmoor Golf Courses
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf is a year-round sport on three courses that delight the eye and challenge your skills.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

As a golf and travel writer I have been fortunate to have visited many of the finest golf resorts. Without a doubt the Broadmoor is one of my all time favorites. The famous East Course has held many national championships and will add to that list next year as host of the U.S. Senior Men's Open. The East course features some of the most devilish green to read I have ever encountered. Putts going away from the nearby mountains do so at lightning speed while putting back toward the mountain has just the opposite effect. With ample rains the course was in absolutely perfect condition. Even with record heat for early September, I walked with a caddie and had a truly memorable day on a beautiful iconic course.

Two days earlier I played the West course. Although it has not hosted national events as has the East, the West some argue is even more difficult. It is tighter off the tee, has far more elevation changes and more testing doglegs than its more famous counterpart. I recommend playing them both. Be sure to arrive early and soak up the ambience, use the wonderful driving range and most importantly visit the practice putting green!

And when you're done do a bit of shopping in the beautiful Pro Shop followed by a cold beverage of your choice as you sit and watch others finish play on the 18th green of the East course. Simply put, there is no way better way to spend a day!!

1  Thank gordy g
"ranger"
"altitude"
"scenery"

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Played the east course last weekend and was on great shape! The front side greens were amazingly fast, but I loved how far the ball travelled! The staff was very friendly and thoroughly enjoyed my round. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous! In my opinion, definitely worth the price.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We played the famous east course from the white tees (about 6,600 yards), and had a great time. The course was in excellent condition, and the greens rolling fast and true. We rented clubs, and the Callaway equipment was current (Epic driver) and in reasonable condition. Playing a threesome, we finished our round in about 3.5 hours, as the club seems to spread out tee times. The course will host the 2018 Senior U.S. Open. I would rate the course excellent, but take off one star for green fees and rental charges being on the pricey side.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Phenomenal resort for family or couples. Service is outstanding and the things to do and sights to see could keep you here for weeks

Cog train to Pikes Peak, golf, pool, spa, paddle boats, bowling, movie theatre and oh my, the selection of food.

We were here when the hotel was packed but it sure did not feel crowded.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Kind of played the east course. Booked a tee-time when i arrived. later, checked in for the time scheduled and went to the range with my son. Went to starter who said "don't see you on the list--walk back to the clubhouse." went clubhouse where they said "yes, we wrote it in, but didn't tell the starter." could have been done with a simple call but i had to walk back and forth.

got on the course. at hole 3 a cart comes ripping out and the attendant says "i will need to immediately remove your son for dress code (his shorts were a little "athletic" looking). i was in the middle of my address when he interrupted me.

i don't mind a dress code, but over 20 employees saw my son before he went on and now they are pulling him? he had to change into pants (90 degree day). the drama really ruined our round and made the staff look very unprofessional.

i spoke to the assistant manager who agreed that the approach was wrong and he said he would take care of our round...it never went off our bill. this course thinks it's private, but actually it's just a resort course. seems to be run by a bunch of teenagers.

1  Thank spedlyman