“Authentic BBQ in a unqiue setting”

Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q
Ranked #29 of 1,574 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We saw this place driving by on our way between Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek. Don't let the fact that it's connected to a gas station fool you; It looked promising and we weren't' disappointed. Free samples to new customers, huge selection of pick-your-own drinks while in line, open-style seating, a nice "southern" feeling atmosphere. Prices were average to slightly high in my opinion, but nothing absurd and definitely worth it. A few more choices of sides would have been nice, but nothing to complain over.
Definitely worth the trip if you're in CO Springs!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Makes a great place to stop for lunch. This is by no means the best BBQ I've ever had. HOWEVER, it is about the best BBQ you can get in such a quick fashion. The brisket was good, the pulled pork was decent, the beans were decent. The chocolate pudding was delicious - don't skip it. If you like banana pudding, it looked great too. I would definitely return. By the way... Don't expect plates... Plastic silverware, butcher paper.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Rudy's has great breakfast burritos that aren't expensive and taste great! Run in and grab some ready made to go and be on your way. Want great sliced smoked meats then lunch and dinner are what you'll want, eat in or take it home along with catering are all options. My wife loves the baked potato with smoked turkey! Great relaxing home style eating atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

It's funny we have to travel to Colorado Springs to try this restaurant when we have one close to where we live and yet we haven't been there before. Prices are reasonable and the foods are delicious. My parents and brother all got beef brisket and they all liked it. My husband got baked potato with turkey and he ate everything and it's a good sign that he really liked the food. I got potato salad and corn on the cob and they are good, I especially liked the potato salad. It's just kind of weird we didn't get any plate for our foods, wax paper was used instead.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Ok. Yeah I know. You can get upsold on endless craft beers and side salads at Rudy's. But what if you're Fred Flintstone, Caveman Carnivore, on a workingman's budget? Follow me my friend through this gas station of delights to a meat-filled Shanghri La. Order a pound of the cook's choice meat. Get an Ice water. Wonder loaf breadslices, BBQ sauce, and lemon slices are compliment-tree so you can branch out and fly! A meat feast on the cheap! Selfie fist bump! Got Washingtons in your pocket and smoked yumminess in your gut. I love you, Rudy! B back soon. Mwaaah!