“Lunch at Rudys”

Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q serves Real Texas Bar-B-Q seven days a week. They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and group meals.
Reviewed 8 March 2021

I love Rudys food and atmosphere. Tastes like homecooked food. Love their beans as a side. Prices also very fair. It is such a uniqure place.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed 26 January 2021

This place was delicious, the only thing I dont like is that it doesnt have a wait staff, you order then take it to your table. Other than that the food was so good. I would have gave it a 5 stars if they had a wait staff, we go "out to eat" for a reason.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 13 December 2020

Stopped in this place on Friday 12-11-2020 for lunch around 12:30 pm The manager greeted me and said welcome to Rudy’s

Well as I was over looking the menu to see what I wanted to order I seen they had prime rib which is only served on certain days so Friday was one of those days!

I ordered a little bit of everything!

8 ounce prime rib
Pulled pork
Lean brisket
Jalapeño sausage link
Cole slaw
Potato salad

Beef brisket was good but I kinda wanted the moist beef brisket but you shouldn’t have to pay extra for beef brisket that doesn’t have the fat trimmed off of it! So lean or moist shouldn’t vary in price!

(Prime USDA Beef Brisket Uncooked Is $2.99 Lb or Choice Is $2.59 per pound)

Jalapeño Sausage link was good (Not hot spicy)
Pulled pork just ok nothing special by all means

Cole slaw and potato salad good Sides were good!

Now let’s get to the prime rib cause that’s what really got my attention!

I was told I could order the Prime Rib Rare so I was like Great! but the lady at the register said it would be more medium rare which would of been just fine with me! Well the guys who prepare cut and weight the meat out said they had to cut a new slab (piece)of Prime rib to get a rare or medium rare piece well that didn’t happen!

They cut a piece right off of the end and if anyone knows anything about Prime Rib and getting a piece that’s rare or even medium rare you have to cut from the middle! (NOT THE END PIECE) but these guys are not properly trained and that falls on the management it’s that simple!

As to taste ? Dry very little and it was a huge disappointment to say the least! It definitely could and would of been better if I would of been able to get a rare or medium rare piece of prime rib! from the middle part of Prime Rib Slab!

Prime Rib $12.99
Pulled pork sandwich $6.49
Lean Brisket $8.49 1/2 lb
Jalapeño Sausage Link 1/2 $3.00
Cole slaw $2.39
Potato Salad $2.39

For what it’s worth it’s definitely a let down when food isn’t prepared the way they say it will be!

Final verdict I might give this place a 2nd try but if you go here and order prime rib make sure they cut from middle if it’s rare or medium rare! Average BBQ!

Date of visit: December 2020
Rudy's Manager, Marketing at Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Hi Michael, thank you for stopping by and sharing your experience. We are very sorry to hear about the prime rib and will pass along your feedback to our team. Our Area Director would also be happy to reach out to you directly, if you'd like. Please shoot us an email at reviews@rudys.com.

Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

Got to the restaurant waited out turn were seated courteously placed our orders took a bit but the beef brisket was well worth it and the BBQ sauce on point washed it down with some Snapple peach and went on our merry day. Good food, service and will visit again.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

Texas BBQ in Colorado! This was as authentic as it gets. We tried a little of it all; ribs, brisket, chicken and sausage. It was all delicious and the service was very fast. Quick little trip over while touring garden of the gods. It’s quicker to get here from balancing rock just a little tidbit of advice.

Date of visit: November 2020