“Great Pub Lunch!”
Review of Golden Bee

Golden Bee
Reserve with OpenTable
Golden Bee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,567 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Golden Bee is famous for freshly prepared pub food, and yards of the finest ales from an extensive collection of English and Irish drafts. Enjoy a hearty selection of snacks, appetizers and the true English tradition of fish and chips, a Reuben sandwich, or a selection of pot pies as lively piano tunes fill the 19th century English Pub. Guests are encouraged to participate in the cheerful atmosphere by joining the nightly Ragtime piano beginning at 7:30 PM and the sing along beginning at 9:30 PM nightly, and proudly wearing their own "Bee's" that change seasonally. Attire: Bermuda length shorts, dressy denim and collared shirts are required. Seasonal sport coat or blazer suggested. Please no athletic wear, sport wear, shorts, pool attire or gentlemen's hats.
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Took my wife and our son to the Golden Bee for a late Saturday lunch at this authentic pub at the Broadmoor. Excellent service and very satisfying meal. My wife had the Arugula Salad and a fine Pumpkin Soup for starter. Son had fried pickles and an impressive corned beef Reuben sandwich. I had the deviled eggs appetizer and a the cottage pie which was hot, beefy and delicious with a fine flaky crust. The ambiance was cheerful and meal and brews so filling - sadly we had to pass on dessert. Only small miss was not Boddington's Cream Ale on tap due to shipping issues. There's always next time...

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Longish wait for a table but all the tables weren't filled so maybe they were short handed the day we went. The server started out so sweet and caring! We placed our orders and enjoyed the cheese and crackers while we waited, and waited, and waited. I finally saw our server and made a motion that we hadn't received our food yet. She went to check on it but she didn't come back and tell us anything. The "manager" finally came to us and said the tape in the order machine had run out on our order and it didn't get placed. She was sorry. Ok. So server finally brings food after it's cooked and she is a different person, nothing to say to us period. Was it my fault I had to ask for our food? How long should I have waited?? A free desert would have been a nice offer. Anyway, fish and chips was good - but mine didn't come with peas either, and at this point I didn't bother to ask for them. Probably wouldn't return.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Had a very nice afternoon snack and beer after a long walk. Upstairs patio was lovely. They're serious about treating this like an English Pub. Good stuff. Vinegar fries, curry soup (spicy!) and deviled eggs all delicious.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We had a very nice lunch here. I made reservations online the night before, but I don't think it was necessary. There were plenty of seats available but we traveled in off season. The food was good. I had fish and chips, that were suppose to come with mushy peas but didn't, not that I minded... I had a Shanty to drink...very good! The pub had been purchased in England, taken apart, shipped over and put together..very authentic looking. Loved the feel of the restaurant and the little bees were cute!

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Reminiscent of an old British pub, the Golden Bee has an unusual mix of food on the menu. Nevertheless, it did not disappoint. I had the chicken Tika Masala which was very flavorful but small portion. The fried pickles and potato wedge apps were also delicious.