“Great beer cheese soup ”
Review of Golden Bee

Golden Bee
Reserve with OpenTable
Golden Bee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Golden Bee is famous for freshly prepared pub food, and yards of the finest ales from an extensive collection of English and Irish drafts. Enjoy a hearty selection of snacks, appetizers and the true English tradition of fish and chips, a Reuben sandwich, or a selection of pot pies as lively piano tunes fill the 19th century English Pub. Guests are encouraged to participate in the cheerful atmosphere by joining the nightly Ragtime piano beginning at 7:30 PM and the sing along beginning at 9:30 PM nightly, and proudly wearing their own "Bee's" that change seasonally. Attire: Bermuda length shorts, dressy denim and collared shirts are required. Seasonal sport coat or blazer suggested. Please no athletic wear, sport wear, shorts, pool attire or gentlemen's hats.
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We held a business meeting here for lunch. I had the 1/2 sandwich combo with beer cheese soup....awesome! One of the men had the bratwurst with the red cabbage and another had one of the Sheppard pie and everyone said the food was excellent. Parking is a challenge. They have a fairly extensive beer and spirits menu. The desserts looked great but there was so much food we opted not to eat dessert.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This is a very popular pub, takes reservations. We enjoyed the wings and chose from the wide variety of beer options. They have a pianist which adds much to the flavor of the restaurant. Located near the Broadmoor, not recommended for children this is an adults pub.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Very neat pub.Waitress greeted us with a bee emblem for our shirt. Beer and food very good. Decor great with a neat looking bar. Piano player at 7:30

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Food was pretty good. Service was not so great. The hostess was a little snotty when I asked how long the wait would be for an indoor table, she shrugged and said, "I don't know." What frustrated me is that they add 20% gratuity for ALL tables and we had pretty poor service by our server. Our glasses stayed empty so long I finally went up and filled my own water glass from a nearby pitcher. Normally I do leave at least 20%, but that alone would have had me reducing it to 15%. (Side note: The young gentlemen who delivered our food was great and attentive.) When the tip is added there's little motivation to do well. I still had about 1/3 of my food left sitting in front of me, and she took my plate away without asking if I was finished or wanted it boxed to-go. We started the meal with deep fried pickles which are beer battered pickle spears. They were good. I ordered the shepherds pie which I thought was okay at best. My husband really enjoyed his Rueben and my son liked his burger. I did like the little bee patches. Fun novelty. Atmosphere is very nice. I would be willing to give them another chance in the hope that it was just a fluke on the employees we experienced.

1  Thank TravelingSix
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Three of us couples stopped by for a nightcap. We shared a yard of beer. I thought the prices were a bit steep but it's probably because the bar is part of the Broadmoor. The night we were there everyone was having fun with the song requests and sing-a-long songs however, the pianist should just stick with playing the piano. We didn't eat so I can't comment on the food. The beer and liquor selection were very good.