“Not what it used to be!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Macaroni Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #427 of 1,572 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We've been dining at Macaroni Grill in Colorado Springs since the first one opened on Academy Blvd. Like many other chains it's declined over the years, and our recent visit will be the last.
Stopped in for lunch as we have always liked the Chicken Scaloppine. The last few times the dish has not been good; skimpier on the toppings and not hot. With the lemon butter sauce, serving it lukewarm is not a good idea. There's also something diferent about the bread, it tastes old and reheated My husband ordered the Chianti and was charged $13 for one glass. Ridiculous!! What happened to the cheap house chianti they once had. The quality and inconsistency of the food and the service have dramatically changed for the worse over the years. We won't be going back.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

When we arrived we thought the restaurant was closed because the parking lot was pretty empty. We had nine people in our party and the hostess asked if we had reservations we responded that we did not. She turns to another co-worker and says they have nine in their party and didn't make reservations. I could understand if they were busy but they were not. The waitress almost didn't take one of our party's order we had to stop her from walking away. Pizza didn't come out with the rest of the food and we were told it should be done shortly, it came out and was cold so it had obviously been there for quite some time. Stake was burnt. They didn't have enough bread so we had one to share for nine people and they said they were making more now. I have eaten here before and have never been as disappointed as I was today. I will definitely not be going back there.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I don't. My server had just returned from a smoking break and had a strong stench of tobacco. The food was average, but I like the shrimp, spinach, mushroom recipe. The bread is simply hideous, poor flavor and quality The house wine was very good and well-priced.. This restaurant has great location and potential. Smokers shouldn't be serving or preparing food. It's distasteful and the experience of smelling tobacco on the server will keep me away for quite some time.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We used to frequent this nearby restaurant 2-3 times per month. Last several times we’ve eaten there we’ve noticed a poorly developed wine list, fewer choices on the menu and a great turn over in staff. Looks like they may be working towards closing.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here at 6:30pm on a friday night. I was surprised the place was dead. This should have been my first clue. The staff was friendly but the service and food was so so. We will look for someplace else next time.