“Poor Service and Dreary Atmosphere”

Bamboo Court Restaurant
Ranked #430 of 1,486 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I had lunch at this restaurant recently with a friend who goes there often and loves it. I disagree. We got there for an early lunch around 11:30 and were seated. We waited at least 5 minutes and we still had not gotten a menu. My friend went to the front and got menus for us. We waited more than 5 minutes before we had to flag down a waitress to order. A few minutes later, I looked in the adjoining room and saw that a large party that had arrived after us were being served their soup. Ours came a few minutes later and then shortly after that our main entree came. I ordered the pineapple chicken and it was really a version of sweet and sour chicken. It was OK but I've had better. My friend ordered a fried pork entree and hers was cold. On the positive side, the portions were very large. The restaurant seemed to be either disorganized or they were short handed, I don't know which. They brought us our check and again we waited because the wait person was supposed to take our payment. My friend AGAIN had to go to the front to pay. It was very dark inside and the tables were crowded together and it wasn't a very warm atmosphere at all. By the time we left it was almost full so I guess some people like it. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank petuniaq2

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Bamboo Court has been in the same location for more than 20 years. Regulars keep it going, since is a bit off the beaten path. Nor downtown, for example. But worth visiting for good Chinese food served with style.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We always order the single combination dinners which include entrée, choice of soup, choice of rice, and wontons and egg rolls. I'm not a Chinese food expert but I absolutely love the Chicken with Orange Flavor. My husband orders something different every time and enjoys it. Friendly service when ordering on the phone and when we do eat at the restaurant we always have good service. Great to be able to have delivery when you just feel like having Chinese food at home without cooking it.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

It's hard getting Chinese food from a place you don't know (especially not being from here). The service was super fast maybe about 10 minutes. They also had an option to order online which I liked. They give you a lot of food! I had the shrimp dinner (sweet and sour) and it was very good. It came with egg drop soup, fried rice , 1 crab Rangoon, 1 egg roll. I definitely recommend and would without a doubt return.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We usually love Bamboo Court. They gave large portions in their combo dinners with lots of extras (soup, wonton, egg roll). And their prices were pretty good. We went there at least once a month.

We went there today, however, for the same combo dinners we always get, and there are significant changes. The portions have gotten smaller. They used a lower quality of rice with the consistency of instant rice. And the quality of my chicken was not the same as we usually expect from this restaurant. We were quite surprised with all these things changing in a span of a couple of months. It's a shame, really, because this restaurant was such a gem in our northwestern neighborhood. We may not go back.