“First time visit ”

Bamboo Court Restaurant
Ranked #549 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

This was our first time eating at this restaurant, we found it while driving around. The food & service was excellent. I don't know of any other place that serves lemon chicken, mango chicken & pineapple chicken. I remember having lemon chicken growing up from Wegmans.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We have been dining at Bamboo court for years and years. We moved away from Colorado Springs but every time we visit we make this our first stop.

Something has changed I think, the menu multi-page and plasticised, the meals were sort of fine but not great this time. The portions were certainly huge but the flavor was a little lacking, the beef tough and the chicken we had overly-overly sweet. It could have just been an off day for them. I remember the days back when "Doug" owned this restaurant and it was superb.

The service was nice, the young lady very helpful and sweet. No complaints there. We left disappointed and hubby said it was not worth the trip this time. Some of the other businesses like the bakery in this out of the way old strip mall are gone.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

This is a neighborhood restaurant that we use to frequent often. Decided to try it again. Food is decent but nothing special and service was terrible. We arrived at 11:45 and they only a few tables seated, yet .we had to wait to be seated. After being seated it was a very long time until the waitress appeared from the back and took our orders. She was very disorganized, got our orders wrong and appeared more interested in her smart phone than her job.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

I had lunch at this restaurant recently with a friend who goes there often and loves it. I disagree. We got there for an early lunch around 11:30 and were seated. We waited at least 5 minutes and we still had not gotten a menu. My friend went to the front and got menus for us. We waited more than 5 minutes before we had to flag down a waitress to order. A few minutes later, I looked in the adjoining room and saw that a large party that had arrived after us were being served their soup. Ours came a few minutes later and then shortly after that our main entree came. I ordered the pineapple chicken and it was really a version of sweet and sour chicken. It was OK but I've had better. My friend ordered a fried pork entree and hers was cold. On the positive side, the portions were very large. The restaurant seemed to be either disorganized or they were short handed, I don't know which. They brought us our check and again we waited because the wait person was supposed to take our payment. My friend AGAIN had to go to the front to pay. It was very dark inside and the tables were crowded together and it wasn't a very warm atmosphere at all. By the time we left it was almost full so I guess some people like it. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank petuniaq2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Bamboo Court has been in the same location for more than 20 years. Regulars keep it going, since is a bit off the beaten path. Nor downtown, for example. But worth visiting for good Chinese food served with style.