“Very good food with a fun relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Sonterra Grill

Sonterra Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonterra Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado and Tejon St
Description: Sonterra Innovative Southwest Grill elevates local cuisine in Colorado Springs by featuring local, seasonal ingredients with inspiration from the spirit of the American Southwest. As the seasons change, so do our menu items as we source local ingredients from Colorado-proud farmers & suppliers like Callicrate Beef Company, Mauro Brothers Farm, Arkansas Valley Organic Growers, Red Bird Farms & Colorado Tortilla Company. Our menu is always evolving to infuse bold new flavors and make our staples even better with the expertise and culinary creativity of Executive Chef Joshua W. Davis.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had dinner at Sonterra and were very pleased with both the food and the service. We started with an appetizer of coconut shrimp.These prawn sized shrimp were lightly coated, very tasty and came with Mango salsa and Chutney marmalade. Delicious.

For the main course I had the Pollo Asada...free range chicken with, chimichurri, caramelized onions, house rice and refried black beans. The taste was robust and a tad spicy but just the way I like it. The portions were very generous as well. I would recommend this spot to anyone looking for a really nice meal at affordable prices.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My husband, two sons and I happily stumbled upon Sonterra, which is conveniently located about a block and a half from the MIning Exchange, where we stayed on our trip to Colorado Springs. What a pleasant surprise to be seated quickly during the busy dinner hour and to be greeted by Patrick, our very congenial server. Our drinks came right away and I was impressed with the quality of my margarita. Strong and not too sour. Just the way I like it.

Our kids are 11 and 8, and we loved the kids' menu -- with a selection of healthy choices that are still in keeping with the southwest theme. The kids enjoyed building dinosaurs at the table, courtesy of the hostess, while waiting for their beef tacos.

The kitchen itself turns out excellent fare, My 3 oz filet, accompanied by a shellfish enchilada, was attractive and delicious -- and just the right portion. I see why this restaurant has won awards! My husband was quite satisfied with his dinner as well.

Sophia, the friendly manager, greeted us during our dinner to ensure that we were satisfied. It's so nice to know that not only are the staff on top of their game but that management takes customer satisfaction seriously.

Thanks to Sophia, Patrick and the staff at Sonterra, we enjoyed our last night in Colorado Springs!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great place for holidays, weddings or just with family or friends. Good food, nice place inside. We have been there for a wedding and many times with family and friends and enjoyed it everytime.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Our waiter was great; very knowledgeable and nice. The food was fantastic - we had carne asada, pork enchiladas, steak enchiladas, and tacos. Plus, we enjoyed the bananas foster show. The fried ice cream was very sweet and not very crispy - but had good flavor. We will be coming back whenever we are in town. Oh! And the chips and salsa were wonderful also. Warm roasted tomato salsa - wow! So different!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went to this nice restaurant in Colorado Springs for dinner. The atmosphere was nice, but the food was delicious! It was tasty, and the presentation the entrees was elegant. Good chips and salsa as well!