“Good for Breakfast”

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #295 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 29 January 2017

My wife and I enjoy having breakfast with Mimi's, especially with the BOGO coupon I receive via email. The food is good and the coffee is really good quality and taste.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Mimi's is great! Delicious food, great atmosphere, and the wait staff was very friendly! I have never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

We had a BOGO coupon for Mimi's. We were there around 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday and the place was almost empty. We were seated right away however it took about another 5 minutes for our server to even come to the table. The food came pretty quickly but there was a small problem with my order. When we were done, we waited for our server to give us the check. Another server came over and said she was temporarily taking over for our server because he was in the bathroom, something I really DIDN'T need to know. After about another 10 minutes our server gave us the check and we paid right away. Something else a little strange happened when we looked at our charge on-line. Only the amount of the food was charged to our card and not the tip, so I don't know if he got the tip or not. We'll go back to Mimi's if we get another coupon. Also, the women's restroom was not very clean, so I told them and they said they'd take care of it right away.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

My wife and I had dinner there last night. The food was barely average. We had to send my wife's entree back because it was wrong. They were out of the entree I wanted, so I had to choose something else. Our waiter was nice enough but we had to remind him we needed our drinks. This certainly isn't the Mimi's it used to be. I would say the restaurant was only about a third full. A real disappointment--would not go back

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Went there for breakfast today with my husband, daughter, granddaughter, and son-in-law. All but one of our orders came out fast and wonderful, as usual. However, my daughter's didn't arrive. Our server apologized and said that her order was wrong so they had to redo it. It was wrong the second time, too! So, the server asked for it to be redone again! We didn't know any of this until he explained. Finally, her order came out. When she cut into her quiche, she asked me to look at it because it seemed undone to her, so I did. I definitely was not completely cooked and the pastry was soggy. Our server took one look at and said he would have it redone...AGAIN! However, my daughter decided she wanted to view the menu and order something else which she did. Apparently, they had a new chef...not a problem. And, while we were willing to pay the entire check, our server was kind enough to delete her order from the total. We love going to Mimi's and seldom have a problem.

My husband's favorite dish is their smoked salmon benedict without the capers. I love their pork sausage and eggs breakfast. We've noticed, in the last several months, that their potatoes are way different and sooooooo much better! And, the blueberry muffins are warm, wonderful, and served with fresh, soft butter.