“Sadly, we say goodbye to a once great place”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #296 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 15 February 2017

We used to love Mimi's. For years it was a favorite for dates, special occasions, etc. Lots of good memoroes. But over the past few years it has really gotten sad. Any place can have a bad day or experince - but it is now clear this is a trend down. Food is ok, but you have to ask for bread (new policy to save money the server told us), and the wait is terrible. Over am hour to get food. Someone joked they had to find and kill the cow. A customer near us we heard him say, "I want my bill, and if it takes 15 minutes we are leaving." We are sad to make the decision that we'll never be back again. Something is wrong in management.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Mimi's ten years ago was great: great food, great value. Over the years the menu has shrunk, the breakfasts with muffins all but disappeared as have the patrons. There was only one other couple at the restaurant at 8:30am. A breakfast for two clocks in at close to $25.00. Yesterday's surprise: Eggs Benedict with corned beef but with no English muffin. The only way I'll eat here again is if someone gifts me with a gift card. That's what I used yesterday.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

My wife and I enjoy having breakfast with Mimi's, especially with the BOGO coupon I receive via email. The food is good and the coffee is really good quality and taste.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Mimi's is great! Delicious food, great atmosphere, and the wait staff was very friendly! I have never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

We had a BOGO coupon for Mimi's. We were there around 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday and the place was almost empty. We were seated right away however it took about another 5 minutes for our server to even come to the table. The food came pretty quickly but there was a small problem with my order. When we were done, we waited for our server to give us the check. Another server came over and said she was temporarily taking over for our server because he was in the bathroom, something I really DIDN'T need to know. After about another 10 minutes our server gave us the check and we paid right away. Something else a little strange happened when we looked at our charge on-line. Only the amount of the food was charged to our card and not the tip, so I don't know if he got the tip or not. We'll go back to Mimi's if we get another coupon. Also, the women's restroom was not very clean, so I told them and they said they'd take care of it right away.