“Mother's day lunch!”

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #298 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Been here many times and this is our first Mothers day brunch, it was good, the menu that day was very limited other then that it was as usual the taste and the staff attention!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We went there for a family lunch as a new place to try. The hostess seated us quickly and we were able to give our drink orders almost as soon as we were sat. My girls got their drink orders and mine came a little bit later, found out it was wrong, and was offered a new one. We ordered food and the steak and eggs were bland, the chocolate chip pancakes were alright, and my chicken mac and cheese was very good. About halfway through the food we were finally checked up on by our waiter that we hadn't seen since we ordered the food. At that point I was able to request my drink (again) and got it shortly thereafter. We got a dessert to go (which was very disappointing, even the 4 year old barely touched it), and our bill. Upon seeing the bill I was disappointed that the drink I had been waiting for almost the whole meal was still on it and the price for our meals was far more than the quality of the food and service deserved. All in all definitely wont go back. P.S. What kind of French restaurant doesn't have beignets?

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Enjoyed a dinner with friends after the theater and it was excellent quality and home style food,. Service was good but could have been better.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We used to love Mimi's. For years it was a favorite for dates, special occasions, etc. Lots of good memoroes. But over the past few years it has really gotten sad. Any place can have a bad day or experince - but it is now clear this is a trend down. Food is ok, but you have to ask for bread (new policy to save money the server told us), and the wait is terrible. Over am hour to get food. Someone joked they had to find and kill the cow. A customer near us we heard him say, "I want my bill, and if it takes 15 minutes we are leaving." We are sad to make the decision that we'll never be back again. Something is wrong in management.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Mimi's ten years ago was great: great food, great value. Over the years the menu has shrunk, the breakfasts with muffins all but disappeared as have the patrons. There was only one other couple at the restaurant at 8:30am. A breakfast for two clocks in at close to $25.00. Yesterday's surprise: Eggs Benedict with corned beef but with no English muffin. The only way I'll eat here again is if someone gifts me with a gift card. That's what I used yesterday.