“Time with My Friends”

Shuga's Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 1,575 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Established in 2001. Shuga's was created by Alexius Weston as a place to hang out with great food and really inventive cocktails. She had just come from the Northwest area of the country and wanted to create a cool space where she felt comfortable. Initially focusing on Vivace espresso as a delicious mainstay, the place soon morphed into serving amazing paninis, salads, and the out-of-this-world Brazilian Coconut Shrimp Soup. The infusion of Lavender Martinis and cocktails created with care helped launch Shuga's into the forefront of the local Colorado Springs food scene.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We all had a cup of soup (more like a small bowl) with the 2 bruchetas. I had the always yummy thai shrimp soup and one of my companions had the special cream of asparagus which she appeared to enjoy as well. Everything was good and the service was nice but not intrusive. They even brought over a piece of almond butter cake (yummy) for one of birthdays. Very thoughtful. Thank you Marney for your excellent service.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Had a chance for a girls night out. The Mediterranean board has olives, goat cheese, and amazing hummus. The bacon jalapeno Mac and cheese doesn't disappoint. Topped off with coffee, almond cake, and live music it was a great visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

My husband and I went here on a dark and stormy night, lol, literally. It is cramped, dark, and very loud. It does seem to have a college vibe to it and I can see where it could be appealing to a different crowd. The macaroni and cheese was dry and the flavors clashed along with no seasoning, it was just not any good. The Cuban sandwich was pretty good - but for nine dollars I would like to see some kind of appeal to my plate - there was nothing - just the sandwich. The portions were small and for what you received I thought the place was over priced. It has been in the Springs for a good while and gets great reviews but our experience was just not what had been written, so this is my review.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

After climbing to the top of the 7 falls, We stopped at Shuga's restaurant for lunch (based on TripAdvisor recommendations). There was ample outdoor seating but the weather was not meanble for outdoors dining. The smallest indoor space had a wait line but after 10 minutes we were seated at the bar.

The pretentious beer was really excellent (that's Shuga's special). The shrimp soup was spicy and flavorful, and our dishes were very good.f
The ambiance was energetic and fun
We enjoyed our lunch and would recommend Shuga's.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Had a great lunch here yesterday with some out-of-town visitors. Three of us really enjoyed our drinks and meal, whereas the fourth person is just a bit too picky. (didn't like his lemon-ginger juice because it was too gingery; sent his quiche back to be reheated; didn't finish The soup for whatever reason.)
The shrimp soup is still our favorite, but the pasole was really great too. (Both are fairly spicy, so they aren't for everyone.) I always love the bread they use for their grilled sandwiches too.