“Probably the best pasties in Cornwall”
Review of Philps Pasties

Philps Pasties
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Never miss a chance to call in to Philps for a pasty when in the Hayle area. Choices of flavours and sizes. All delicious and freshly baked. Be prepared to queue during the summer season as it doesn’t take the holidaymakers long to find this treasure!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We picked up a selection of pasties on our way home and really enjoyed them with the rest of the family. They are good quality and not too peppery as can be the case elsewhere. The filling were generous and the pastry was moist and so all in all a good choice but nothing available vegetarian at the time as they were closing for the bank holiday weekend and were running down supplies.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Super range of cornish pasties meat to veggie plus a selection of cakes. All are very big and very tasty. Fillings are quality. Parking is a bit hairy. Staff lack a bit of personality. Dont take cards which for the prices is wrong so i had to trudge over to the very busy post office.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

This week I have had six pasties mainly large steak and they are magnificent and also the cheese and veg which are also lovely. My partner is vegetarian and she had the Quorn pasty and said it was fab.
A must if you visit Cornwall.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Not as I remember them. I hadn’t had a Philps pasty for a couple of years so was expecting good things but I was sorely disappointed. It was greasy and not properly cooked as well as smaller than I remembered.
It’s a shame when a company builds up a good reputation and then doesn’t hold to its standards. I’ve moved away so don’t get the opportunity to try Cornish pasty’s as often now and have to say I won’t be rushing back to here when I can.