“Mud fort Kuchesat needs way more value built in for the rates charged....”

The Mud Fort - Kuchesar
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuchesar
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Pros:
- It's a nice property, a refreshing one given its proximity to Delhi as a quick getaway (roundabout 75 kms, 2 hours ride if you are driving). The accessibility, the quality of roads to reach the fort definitely gives it extra points.
- It's a clean property.
- The food served during lunch and dinner was really loved by my family. Simple but tasty and had that village like (unadulterated) feel to it. The Baigan ki sabji, the dal, chicken curry, seviyan....we loved it. We profusely complemented the chef.
- The service is smiling.

Cons:
- There's a difference between simplicity (keeping it simple) and not investing enough. I have visited enough resorts across geographies to realise when a heritage site converted partly into a hotel is serious business or just to earn extra bucks. Not enough is invested into the rooms and definitely not worth the 6500 bucks per night, including all meals. I would have been very happy if the rates were 3000 plus meals. Thus around 4000, all inclusive.
- During our visit, the relatives of the owners (nieces/ nephews / children on summer vacations) were visiting the property and were too noisy for our comfort and one teen girl was even rude to my mother. I had noticed during our checking in that the pool table was out of bounds for guests and I thought that probably it was undergoing maintenance. In the evening, I was surprised to see that the room adjoining our room was the hall which had the pool table. It was all lit up and I had naturally thought that it was opened for guests. It was borderline insulting to have been told that the pool hall was only opened for the kids visiting the owners. You don't treat guests like S**t. Really.
- The room decor was barely meeting standards. The drapes were very average, the bed was hard, the electricity charging points were too few and most of them were burnt up. The air conditioning took more than an hour to cool the room.

To sum it all, one gets the feeling of being ripped off in the name of a heritage property. There's a lot of promise to this property, but I am not sure if the owners are really serious about it, or are serious about its potential.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank SudipBhattacharya_76

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Location- Very near to delhi, aprox one hour and 30 min. Away from city rush. Very peacefull.

Rooms- Size of the rooms is good, no TV, no intercom. Just to give you the feel of a heritage property. Size of bed is proper King Size.

Food- Limited variety but very good in taste, perfect to our taste.

Staff and Service- They will ensure that you feel like king at the fort, very courteous staff, very helpful. They are on their toes to serve you.

The only problem was the bed sheet which was torn and room had spider webs at one corner. The management should take care of this.
Activities are good and you will not get bored.
Overall a very good place to visit.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Shishirm1
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We were a group of six and an infant visiting during the Holi weekend. We were given three private rooms attached with a roof separately on the third floor. We could get our privacy and in the evening the staff had arranged a private bon fire. The food in the property is average but well prepared.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Romi1984
Reviewed 24 April 2017

To reach Mudfort you have to leave Delhi on time otherwise traffic will be a big trouble as the roads are not that great and not much of the highway stretch to cover.
The hotel staff is nice and food is above average, but they do not have much options in buffet. When it comes to activities, many of the things are in damaged conditions. Cycles are not that comfortable.
You can get your drinks and have it in the open veranda.
The rooms are huge and the bathrooms are basic but yes huge.
The pool is small but the water is fresh and clean.
Over all it was a nice experience to chill out with friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor were fine as they are reachable to veranda, restaurant and other activities.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Priti S
Reviewed 23 April 2017

This is my 3rd visit to the Fort. It was a peaceful but bit shoddy than my first stay. I stayed on 08th and 09th April'17. This time I felt little maintenance and methodical hospitality are required in the place. Everything was good but I am unable to compare it with the first stay. The first stay was awesome, this time it was a good stay.

The food was tasty, minimum spicy and good to eat, in which I felt they maintained the quality. Service was little slow like they forget to serve me the morning tea, I get it on my request to the manager. In the evening also some goof-up happened like they forget to inform us the buffet tea-snack, which was later been served to us separately.

Room in which we stayed (room no. 401) was spacious and properly cleaned, room latch was a bit tough to operate. The washroom was cleaned but needs some maintenance, the shower was leaking, we managed our shower with available mug and bucket.

I like to suggest for keep an electric kettle, sugar, coffee, to minimize the staff pressure and smooth service and also an intercom in the rooms, every time calling the manager over mobile is little infeasible.

It was a good stay, but a little maintenance and little-improved service are expected if we compare with our first stay.

Room Tip: all rooms are equally spacious and clean.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank urmimalaghosh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuchesar
34.3 km away
39.6 km away
Bravura Gold Resort
Bravura Gold Resort
#2 of 21 in Meerut

Been to The Mud Fort - Kuchesar? Share your experiences!