- It's a nice property, a refreshing one given its proximity to Delhi as a quick getaway (roundabout 75 kms, 2 hours ride if you are driving). The accessibility, the quality of roads to reach the fort definitely gives it extra points.
- It's a clean property.
- The food served during lunch and dinner was really loved by my family. Simple but tasty and had that village like (unadulterated) feel to it. The Baigan ki sabji, the dal, chicken curry, seviyan....we loved it. We profusely complemented the chef.
- The service is smiling.
- There's a difference between simplicity (keeping it simple) and not investing enough. I have visited enough resorts across geographies to realise when a heritage site converted partly into a hotel is serious business or just to earn extra bucks. Not enough is invested into the rooms and definitely not worth the 6500 bucks per night, including all meals. I would have been very happy if the rates were 3000 plus meals. Thus around 4000, all inclusive.
- During our visit, the relatives of the owners (nieces/ nephews / children on summer vacations) were visiting the property and were too noisy for our comfort and one teen girl was even rude to my mother. I had noticed during our checking in that the pool table was out of bounds for guests and I thought that probably it was undergoing maintenance. In the evening, I was surprised to see that the room adjoining our room was the hall which had the pool table. It was all lit up and I had naturally thought that it was opened for guests. It was borderline insulting to have been told that the pool hall was only opened for the kids visiting the owners. You don't treat guests like S**t. Really.
- The room decor was barely meeting standards. The drapes were very average, the bed was hard, the electricity charging points were too few and most of them were burnt up. The air conditioning took more than an hour to cool the room.
To sum it all, one gets the feeling of being ripped off in the name of a heritage property. There's a lot of promise to this property, but I am not sure if the owners are really serious about it, or are serious about its potential.
- Also Known As:
- The Mud Fort - Kuchesar Hotel Bulandshahr