Country Family Inn and Restaurant
US$145
US$110
Rio Grande Motel(Monte Vista)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$68
Monte Villa Inn(Monte Vista)
US$65
US$108
US$104
Priceline
Spruce Lodge(South Fork)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$189
Hotels.com
US$149
Hampton.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was the worst place I have ever stayed. At first I though it was a great price until I saw the conditions. We were over charged. It was dirty! There was something that had dripped down on the wall (I don't even want to know what it was), crumbs on the night stand, used bar of soap in the tub. That was in addition to the worn out and dirty carpet, old and worn out mattresses, plumbing that was not secure in the wall, mold on the bathroom walls, no toilet paper, stinky water, sheets so thin I thought they would rip, no screens or locks on the windows, stained bathroom floor, tub and curtains, no cover on the lights. The list goes on and on. We finally got up at 4 a.m. and headed out. I could not sleep in that place because I envisioned bugs crawling all over. I should have gone with my first instinct and asked for my money back and found another place. I wish I had read these reviews before I had stopped. It is really that bad.

Room Tip: keep traveling
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denver2013
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We were traveling thru Del Norte and just wanted a breakfast. This was the first place we found and not knowing what else was around we opted to go in. I mean there's not much else for miles ... so we didn't know how far we'd have to go to find something else. Let me tell you ... keep going.
What a depressing place. Very bad decor ... the restroom was a disgrace. I got a BLT and how wrong can they go with that? Well ... the bread they use is pretty much sawdust and it was mostly lettuce. The bacon and eggs and hashbrowns were ok ... but the toast order was wrong (ordered sourdough ... got rye) and it also was sawdust.
As you walked in the staff was sitting at the first table and just talking to other people. Was she an owner? Who knows ... if so ... she needs to get it together! Nice enough but not even close to professional. As we found out driving out ... there are other (and looks like better) places in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Upon opening the door and turning the lights on, my first thought was this: “God I can’t wait to get out of here! The room was rank and fowl. The walls were a sloppy coat of depressing dark blue, slopped onto the ceiling as well. The room was a series of two oddly laid out rooms, with two huge but springy mattresses, sheets with hair in them. The carpet and bathroom linoleum was stained. There was no AC, just a floor fan with a broken stand leaning against a wall. The cable was apparently out, and if I wanted it, there was no battery in the remote. The wifi didn’t work with the pass word I was given. And, there was no soap provided at all, anywhere in the room for the sink or tub – and barely enough toilet paper. None of this is an exaggeration, sadly. I can’t believe I paid $15 more for this than a perfectly great place I stayed at prior. You got winners, and you got loosers. This place was a looser.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jman4god777
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We didn't want to drive over Wolf Creek after a late high school football game. Should have camped in a tent! In business since 1989, yeah right maybe 1889. This place is disgusting!!! The maid must not have cleaned the room. There were wet towels in the bathtub from a previous visitor. The fire hazard heater popped all night as it went on and off. I was afraid we were going to bring home bedbugs! Tried to ring bell for service before 10 pm to tell them we were leaving because of dirty room, but they wouldnt answer bell. Very bad customer service! It was over $90 for this filth! No parking! Had to park out on highway. Was afraid vehicle would be stolen by morning. Very bad crowd lives in the hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Bring a tent you would be happier!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ANGRYBIRD_11
Reviewed 30 August 2010

musty smell in room, very dated plumbing and electric, mold in shower

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple