“Not worth it!”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I stayed here for a conference and it was not worth the $180/night price (+tax/fees). First, I booked *and paid for* a balcony room, only to arrive and get a room without a balcony, without any adjustment in the price. I joined the Marriott Rewards program to try using the app, but when I tried to request a comb, after two hours of waiting, I finally walked down the highway (at night!) to Walmart to buy a comb. The service here is terrible and there are always long lines at the front desk. Save your money, or your company's money, and find another place nearby. This place is totally not worth the high price.

Room Tip: Don't expect a room with a balcony, even if you book one online.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear badwound,
Thank you for your review. We were disheartened to read that you had an unfavorable experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies that the room type you booked was not available at the time of check-in. It is never our intention to disappoint you. We are also very sorry that you had difficulty when using our app to have an amenity delivered. In cases like this, please do not hesitate to call the front desk for assistance. We're sorry we did not fully meet your needs and expectations. We hope you will consider a return visit and let us make it up to you.

Brian Lenfestey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Note: Currently, this location is doing some renovations
Grand Lobby
Friendly Staff
Seating Area to view the city pass by
Four elevators

Great room with Terrace
Plenty of Room Light
Bed, a little too soft, with ample pillows
Round glass top table with chair
Mini Fridge
Coffee Maker
Couch for lounging
Heating & Air Conditioning
Clock with iPhone 5 attachment
Huge Flatscreen TV with HBO
Closet with luggage rack
Train nearby; could be heard throughout the night, but I liked that. The hotel provides earplugs in the bathroom if the sound is too much of a nuisance.

Great-sized bathroom
Sliding door for entrance
Standing shower with two shower heads
Great water pressure
Great counter top space
Hairdryer under counter

Toiletries: 2 Bar Soaps, 1 Shampoo, 1 Conditioner, 1 Lotion
All Aveda Products

With the bustling city surrounding, you will never be alone or bored at the Renaissance Hotel of Denver.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear aTheDoc,

Thank you for being our guest at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel. We believe that an excellent stay begins with fresh, clean accommodations so we're glad to know you loved our guest rooms. Thanks again for sharing the highlights of your visit, and we look forward to impressing you again on your future trip.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Others were in charge of making reservations for this trip and due to miscommunication on their part, we ended up here at 10 pm without a reservation. Amazing front desk staff accommodated us. Newly renovated room was comfortable and concierge lounge provided everything we needed. Location is not so good--seedy industrial area-- but hotel is a good value if you pay a lot less than the comparable hotels in the airport area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear planningpro,
Thank you for posting this terrific review of your recent stay at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our front desk staff took such excellent care of you upon your late arrival. We are especially delighted that our newly renovated rooms and our concierge lounge provided all you needed for an exceptional experience. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to welcome you again the next time your travels bring you to Denver.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I stayed at the hotel for a food allergy conference. The conference has been held at this location due to the hotel's ability to accommodate a variety of food allergies in dining which is no small feat. As a private traveler I would inquire about the abilities to accomodate special diets being unsure how the dining situation translates to private diners.

The staff was very helpful and accomodating. They allowed me to check in at noon the first day with no additional charge and all the employees I spoke with were cherry and helpful throughout my stay. My room was nicely appointed (showers only), spacious and the bed very comfortable. When I'd get into the bed it would make a loud sound but it was very comfortable to sleep in.

There was a great deal of consturction going on during my stay. One full floor of the hotel, rooms throughout the floor I was on and even an elevator went out of commission for some sort of cosmetic servicing. There was noise but it did not distract from the purpose of my stay.

I did have an unfortunate incident the first night of my visit. The man in the room next to mine (we shared an interior door which remained locked) had the loudest voice ever. I put in the ear plugs the hotel provides due to the frequent trains in the area and could still hear him through the wall. It kept me up most of the night. Around 4 a.m. I awoke to my room smelling like marijuana smoke, called to the front desk to check if it was a smoke free hotel. I explained the situation to the desk clerk who said he'd come up to check what was going on. The man's guests left about 5 a.m. when he turned on the TV full blast. The following night after he left was quiet. I share this to say the rooms are not incredibly sound proof. Thanks to the balcony I was able to open the outside door to air the room out as well.

Overall I liked the hotel. It is modern looking with an atrium style interior and hip visual appointments. The staff can't be beat. I'd stay here again after the construction has been completed. There is parking onsite for a fee and shopping in the general area but it's not really in a location where you'd go out for a stroll. Nice view of the mountains and downtown Denver if having a west facing room.

Room Tip: west facing rooms will have a mountain view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Toni,

Thanks so much for taking time to post your review. Our staff is committed to providing excellent service, and they will be happy to know their efforts helped make your stay a great one! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

What a nice hotel! Newly upgraded and nice amenities throughout. I can’t say more about how nice of a hotel this is.
Employees are friendly and attentive. No complaints there, but be forewarned! The train tracks are less than 3 blocks away light rail comes through about every 20 - 30 minutes blowing whistles as trains should. It’s loud!
The hotel does provide complimentary foam disposable earplugs for your use, kudos to them!
There is also a small electronic “white noise” generator in each room, that can be used to help mask the noise, again, provided by the hotel, both attempts to ease the nuisance noise.
This place was nearly spotlessly clean even in spite of current renovations and an extremely nice place in all.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear GeneMCO,
Thank you for posting this generous review of your recent stay at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel, that you found it meticulously clean and that our staff provided you with exceptional service. We are conveniently located near the commuter train station and we appreciate you mentioning all the wonderful amenities that we provide, like earplugs and a noise machine. Our goal is to provide an exceptional guest experience by proactively anticipating our guests' needs. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.