“Phoenician Kabob”
Review of Phoenician Kabob

Phoenician Kabob
Ranked #341 of 3,146 Restaurants in Denver
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We tried this restaurant this evening for the first time, on a friend's recommendation. It did NOT disappoint! VERY GOOD! We did take-out, but we would definitely eat there at the restaurant...very nice atmosphere, clean, and super nice staff! My kids had the gyros, and I had the chicken shawarma and it was delicious with the garlic sauce! YUM! Definitely recommend!

1  Thank Jennifer F

Reviewed 20 July 2017

So we were in town visiting family and they took us here. We love many cuisines, and Eastern Mediterranean is among them. I will say this, however. As a Chicagoan I am spoiled by a certain level of service not found elsewhere, so never expect quite the same attention. But as to an understated, authentic Middle Eastern experience, PK is right up there and modestly priced IMHO.
- Appetizers we shared included the Lebnee, which is a delightful yougurt - not too tart, not too sweet, with a smattering of garlic, olive oil drizzle and fresh mint sprinkles. A very nice light start. Eggplant - grilled and luscious. And the flash-fried culiflower - just crispy enough yet tender and elegantly simple.
- Main dishes we had: Sabanekh, an appetizer similar to spanakopita again crisped a bit on the outside and warm and tasty on the inside; Fatayer - I had the Zaatar & Fetta which is a sauceless personal pizza (I still could only get through half - they're generous) laden with thyme in particular - the first bite or two seemed overpowering but as I settled in it was a wonderfully different experience; Fattousch Salad - a 'chopped' salad laden with cucumber that was very light and refreshing; Beef Shawarma - nicely spiced skinless lamb 'sausage' with dense seasonings; and Lamb Shank in a light tomato-y sauce plus an aromatic rice.
- Soup: One of our group tried the red lentil soup - nice and thick and so evenly seasoned without too much garlic.
- For dessert, we just had our server pack us up an order of various pastries including baklava, macaroons, mini-baklavas and 'pudding' with coconut. The only thing was the main baklava which is far less gooey than the Greek.
For those who are garlic-sensitive the cuisine definitely uses a fair amount so don't be surprised but make sure everyone has some so that nobody is offended!! And with all that said the total tab (without drinks) was still just shy of $25/pp.
They do say they have a belly-dancer but actually I was glad she had the night off.
Overall, definitely worth a return trip to try other dishes.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped in early on a Sunday evening for dinner based on my girlfriend suggesting the place. She had been before. This was my first time and it was very good.

It was fairly empty when we arrived. The staff was courteous and helpful. The menu is not overwhelming which helps simplify the ordering process. She had the Lamb Kabobs while I had the Lamb Kabob Sandwich (wrapped in warm Pita Bread).

For a quiet night, food delivery did take longer than expected. It would have been nice had they brought some Pita Bread out in the meantime (instead of with the meal) as we were both very hungry.

The Lamb was seasoned and cooked well. The Pita Bread was soft and delicious. The garlic sauce that accompanied the sandwich was delicious. Powerful garlic, but delicious. The fries, I could have skipped. Tasted like frozen but the taste was improved by dipping in the garlic sauce.

The atmosphere is welcoming and warm. Price for 2 of us was reasonable at about $34. Service, despite the slow food delivery was adequate. Overall, we were very happy with our meal and will return in the future for sure.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We come here weekly for the lamb and kabobs, sauces and fresh salad. The staff is always pleasant and its nice to see a kid friendly place with such good food. Our son loves the flat bread. Also the happy hour is a good deal and they are quick when you order for take out. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We have been in several times and really enjoy this restaurant. The flavors are great and the portions are generous. We have been in while they have live music and on slower nights and have always appreciated the service.

Been to Phoenician Kabob? Share your experiences!