“"I couldn't stop licking my fingers."”

Little India Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Little India Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #695 of 3,136 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wesley
Transit: FREE RESTAURANT SHUTTLE
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We had 3 entrees for the two of us: the Tandoori mixed grill, the Chicken Tikka Marsala and the Chicken Tikka Korma. We had the Saffron rice and Nan. It was fun samplings the different flavor combinations. The exotic flavors and the finely prepared food made for a meal where I could not stop licking my fingers. The service was attentive, and we had a good time.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

An average Indian restaurant with above average prices. The food here varies from just OK too good. I would certainly not say that any of the dishes we ordered were excellent. We dined on a Groupon deal and noticed that this restaurant sets its prices higher than most similar restaurants in its class, but then aggressively coupons and discounts their meals through online programs. To be completely honest, had we paid full price for the meal I might rate the restaurant a two-star overall.

This may come across as nitpicky but when you order plain nan at three dollars, we are custom to getting at least a small basket of the warm bread not just a single piece cut in half. This is also a bit nonstandard in our experience, having dined at our favorite cuisine in dozens of cities. Given what we know about Indian food and culture it almost strikes us as atypical and even somewhat ungracious.

The chicken tandoori was the best of the lot, whereas the lamb vindaloo was considerably overspiced, and we like spicy food. If we return, we will skip that dish. Finally, it was very odd that when we were paying our check in cash, we waited at least five minutes for the cashier to break a five dollar bill! That was the strangest thing of all.

1  Thank soldearly
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Great ambiance. Down town access. Yummy food. Good selections. Friendly staff. Worth for money. We were there every day for dinner...

1  Thank Venkataraman M
Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

My wife and I like going to Little India on Downing because we find the food is very tasty. In our most recent visit we got the food we expected but on reflection of our numerous visits I conclude that this experience is good, not great. The decor is average and the service is good. I'll go back because of the food, but have difficulty recommending it.

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

I love coming here with my friends. We order many plates and enjoy it family style. The food is excellent!! My only complaint is that the restaurant is a bit dark and cramped.

Been to Little India Restaurant? Share your experiences!