“Quite Good Authentic Italian - Not American Italian”
Review of Panzano

Panzano
Reserve with OpenTable
Panzano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,108 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Champa St.
Transit: We are located just 3 blocks from the RTD Light Rail lines D, H and F
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Other reviews rating this restaurant as a 5 is pretty accurate, However, there are two exceptions I will point out that kept me from rating it a '5'.

First, Atmosphere / Ambiance. The noise level was more than one would expect for fine dining. Especially if one were doing business. It has only a modicum of 'Italian' decor. The arrangement & style of booths / tables is no different than a mid-priced 'fern bar'.

Second: The food menu choices were VERY limited. I understand you can't offer hundreds of choices and do them all well, but you do need more than 6 - 8 entree choices.

Service was very good - but not exceptional. Not quite actual Italy (seen it, been there done that more than once), but pretty darn good!

Management response:Responded 24 September 2017

Thank you for dining with us, we appreciate the feedback!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I'm from new york. I am picky about my bagels, my pizza and my italian. My husband IS italian, I think you know where he stands. So, as a rule, we don't eat these items anywhere but the tri-state area. You know, places that can actually make these types of foods, and properly.

We were meeting up with my husband's cousin and his wife for dinner and they suggested Panzano. A quick search told me it was italian, so I was skeptical. However, since my husband 's cousin is also italian and originally from the tri-state area, I didn't think they'd steer us wrong... and they didn't!

As our flight had been delayed, we were a little late to dinner, but my husband's cousin and his wife were enjoying cocktails at the bar. We were seated and our server came over. Our server was not only super knowledgeable about the menu, but also super on top of his game when it came to food restrictions. A quick mention and he was able to direct us to certain dishes, or have the dishes amended. When he brought out the fresh baked bread, he mentioned that the sauce had anchovies, so additionally he brought out oil and vinegar as well (butter would have been nice too, but whatever).

My husband's cousin's wife and I shared the appetizer of the mushroom cremes. SO good. That sauce!!! My husband and his cousin shared the calamari. For dinner, my husband had the Carbonara. Not sure what, his cousin's wife had the beef, his cousin had the scallops and I had a special. Mushroom ravioli. Fresh housemade pasta. Amazing. If you have't eaten here yet, you need to.

1  Thank mangosong
Management response:Responded 19 September 2017

Thank you for enjoying Panzano, we appreciate the wonderful review!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Wish I can say this is an awesome place, it wasn't. I won't tell you not to go, perhaps I just caught them on a "bad" night so decide for yourself and maybe you will just love it...

Management response:Responded 14 September 2017

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at Panzano, perhaps you will try us again and have a better time.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This was our second visit to Denver and we had to come back to Panzano! They have the best bar area and best happy around! The location of the bar on the corner is great for people watching! The happy hour is even available on the weekends! Great selection of food and drinks! We will be back next time we visit Denver!

Management response:Responded 14 September 2017

Thank you for coming in, we have happy hour 7 days a week from 2:30pm to 6pm

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner and decided to sit at the chef's counter. The chefs were in front of us preparing dishes. They immediately began to speak with us. They explained what the different the dishes were and how they created them. The men worked together and showed great respect for each other. The head chef, Jared, was not only a leader, but also helpful. We started with the grilled salad that was amazing. We "tasted" the Brussels sprouts. Beyond excellent! We then shared Bucatini (prepared gluten free" ) and Melanzane Allan Parmigiana. Both were outrageous. Dessert was just as good. I would recommend this restaurant and suggest you eat at the chef's counter. It was an awesome meal and fun experience!

Management response:Responded 7 September 2017

Thank you for coming in twice! It was a pleasure to have both of you sitting at the chefs counter. We hope you come back and see us again soon!!