“Great stakes”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,499 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Come see why steak lovers are on a mile-high high in Denver. As the Zagat Guide praised, you’ll find “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day” at The Capital Grille. We’re centrally located in historic Larimer Square, just a few blocks’ walk from the Convention Center and Coors Field as well as the Denver Center for The Performing Arts. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy to succumb to the urge for the perfect steak.
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Went there with business partners. We all ordered different stakes. They all were perfect prepared and service was on a high level.
Definitely to try if you are steak and red wine lover.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stephanie (praying I am correct on her name) , our server, was exceptional in every way. She knew what to recommend for food and drinks based on allergies, what items pair well together, and was very attentive without ever feeling overbearing. While I didn’t care for a particular flavor in my meal, everything was cooked to perfection. I was offered a new meal, but I declined- it was completely a preference issue and had nothing to do with the chef. I was surprised to be offered a replacement! Truffle fries, Stoli Doli (pineapple infused vodka drink), and lobster were awesome. Steaks perfectly cooked- one was medium and the other medium rare. My husband and I were there for a celebration on his new career move. To our surprise, Stephanie brought us a dessert plate that had “congratulations” written on it, accompanied by champagne. The desserts were fabulous and I was touched by her thoughtfulness. This restaurant has a fabulous team, great ambiance, and is conveniently located on a beautiful street in Denver. Great for locals and visitors.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were there to celebrate with friends an opening up of a Private Practice we couldn’t have picked a better place. Service was superb the waitress was there just when we needed her but not overly pushy. Food also was perfect from appetizers right through desert everything was as it should be in a restaurant with this reputation. Most definitely will be going back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

My family could not have had a better meal than at this Capitol Grill!! We were blown away with the food and service . We started with the excellent lobster bisque . We are not close to an ocean , but this was best. The bone in ribeye was amazing . We have had great meals at other CApital Grilles and this did not disappoint! Thank you!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is incredible!! Food and service was wonderful. I was not prepared for the cost. Each item is priced out. Steak was 45-60$ just for the steak, then salad cost, then sides cost. I only got the steak and soup and glass of wine it was 83$. It’s not that I couldn’t afford it, just don’t think it needs to cost that much.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!