“Fast, Good, Friendly”
Review of Butcher Block Cafe

Butcher Block Cafe
Ranked #408 of 3,300 Restaurants in Denver
Reviewed 27 July 2015

We stopped in here after Googling "best cinnamon rolls in Denver." After an interesting trip on Google maps (which is always an adventure), we ended up at what looked like a dive in a warehouse-esque district of town. My first concern was that they were cash only (not true, they took cards). We were warmly greeted, and told to sit wherever. While waiting on our coffee, the waitress suggested the cinnamon bun, which we ordered, and were completely not disappointed. Picture Cinnabon without icing, but with a huge pat of butter on top. It was really like eating a doughy cinnamon and sugar piece of heaven. You're not losing weight here, but there are no calories on vacation, right? I digress.

The rest of the food was fantastic - diner style perfectly cooked over-medium eggs, hash browns, thick bacon, and good toast. My wife had a really good piece of french toast. How this place hasn't ended up on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, I will never know.

The cook/owner? introduced himself to us and asked where we were from. We had a great experience there, and it will definitely be on our list of places to go our next time in Denver.

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

We aren't burger fans so took the tuna salad sandwich special which was nothing special and coffee. Which was ordinary. But the people and the cinnamon rolls ! Mikey the co owner came by to clean the table. Great place.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

This is not the location you would think to find a great place to eat. It's your typical old style diner set up that still use the wheel to place orders. We were greeted right away from several employees and told to seat ourselves. I wish we were in town for more than two days, as I would have liked to go back and try more items. I had the Round House that was the Special of the Day. My husband had the Spanish Omelette that was very cheesy! Both of us had it 'smothered' in their Chili Sauce. You must smother your breakfast! It's so tasty and wonderful. We also shared a homemade cinnamon roll, yum! It was huge, so I'm glad we shared it. We took some to go for our hotel to heat up before our flight home. I can't say enough on the friendliness of the staff. Truly a joy to dine here and go home completely satisfied. Thanks for a great breakfast!

Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

From the street you'll consider driving on. Especially if there are a few motorcycles peppering the lot.

BUT this is a nice family spot. The dining room is circa 1950 (because it was made in 1950). The decor was all found in grandmas basement or a garage sale (and, seriously, there are prices on the decor).

Breakfast is quick, and diner delicious. No stuffed French toast here. Green chili and eggs, that is a solid breakfast!

Worth a try....

Reviewed 10 November 2014

I will say that this has been around longer than I am alive, which says something about it without going further = greater than 40 years.
The food = excellent
The service = original and comforting
The overall experience and value are over the top.
You are 6 minutes from downtown and a world away.
I would not miss it !