“Best hummus in Denver!”
Review of House of Kabob

House of Kabob
Ranked #1,144 of 3,301 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Description: A mouth watering delight awaits!! Hot pita bread and a selection of mezzes Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Falafel with tahini sauce, Tabouleh Salad, Grape Leaves, Lebneh, are just a colorful savory beginning. Travelers visiting Lebanon and Iran have enjoyed this hospitality for many centuries but for the last twenty two years Denver residents did not need to travel thousands of miles to enjoy the authentic Middle Eastern Cuisine, they have House of Kabob right in their back yard!.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I had the fattoush salad with added chicken shawarma, and a side of hummus, of course, and pita. Everything was delicious. The service was friendly, prompt with an excellent sense of humor.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

This use to be a great restaurant. It had been a few years since was there, but when we stopped last night we were shocked. No carpeting, most of the booths are gone, looks skanky quite frankly. The hummus and gyro are still good, but quality and quantity are no longer there. Expensive for what you get. Don't know what happened over past two years or so, but sad, really sad.

2  Thank FlyingJZ
Reviewed 10 December 2016

I have been going to House of Kabob for many years. The food is what I consider some of the best Middle Eastern food in the are. There have been times when the food I ordered (takeout) is not the food I received. I will say that the staff makes it right but it is an inconvenience since I don't live close by. They seem to have a high turnover of staff but the food is worth the visit. Recommended!

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Every time my fiancé and I head back to our old stomping grounds of the University of Denver, we make a point of stopping in here. In a word, the food is amazing. The gyro plate is something to behold, and the beef kabobs are outstanding.

There is also a great selection of beer and wine, so you can always complement your meal with an adult beverage. And, save room for dessert. Their baklava is flaky, delicate, and not syrupy sweet.

This is one of those hidden gems I fell in love with as an undergrad down the road, and I continue to find my way back here again and again. Give it a try!

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Went here on date night. We were looking for an out of the way place with good food that wasn't too crowded. This was a good choice. The staff and service was outstanding. The food was good in taste as well as presentation. My date and I really enjoyed our meal here.

Been to House of Kabob? Share your experiences!