“Location is great, pet friendly and easy to get to.”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #39 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We have stayed at the Residence Inn Denver City Center three times over the past 24 months and each time has been a great experience. Check in has always been smooth and easy. We have a labrador, who loves this place- she know that if she goes to the desk and sits, someone will give her a treat(sometimes more than one!) The lobby i sgood sized and when we were there last winter for the Patriots game- super cold and snowy, we played ping pong for hours! You can easily walk to the 17th St. mall and the hotel had coupons for freebies at a couple of bar/restaurants nearby. Union Station is a further walk, but you can hop on the free bus and be there in a short time. The rooms are typical of a Residence Inn- larger space with a full kitchen. We weren't there long enough to need that, but it is nice to be able to have drinks, snacks and coffee in your room.
It is a long walk to the football stadium- better to catch a pedi-cab, and a not so long walk to the baseball stadium.
This has become our "go-to" place in Denver and is likely to remain so!

Stayed: November 2017

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Just got back from a recent stay at this hotel. First of all there was no where to park because of all of the construction. The parking garage is a mess and the location for all the parking is horrible! I am also a Silver member and never received my bag and they told me I could not have a late check out! Also there was only one working elevator which made for long waits every time you went up or down! As an Elite Marriott member with 48 stays and soon to be Gold this was unacceptable, The staff next door at Hotel Monaco were so nice and helped us get our car parked and even brought our luggage over to Residence Inn as they feel bad for us with our two young children!!! I would advice to stay at Hotel Monaco if you want this location...I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank abauman33
David S, Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear abuaman33,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience during your most recent stay at our Hotel. Firstly, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences our Renovation put you through. It is our goal to provide you with a problem free stay and it is clear that we dropped the ball. I have shared your review with our Renovation team so that they can understand the impact they have on our guests while utilizing a part of the garage as a staging area.

I am disappointed that we did not recognize you as an Elite Rewards member, and the Team failed to honor your request in obtaining a late checkout. I agree that the service you received was unacceptable. We will be utilizing this review as a learning opportunity for our team so that they may continue to live up to Marriott Standards, and provide guests with positive memorable moments.

I would like to make this right by you, and encourage you to contact me back so that we may discuss this further. I understand you have no desire to stay with us again, but I'd love the chance to correct our mistakes and provide you with the excellent service you deserve.

Thank you again for your review, and patronage with Marriott. I look forward in hearing back from you.

(303)248-9708
david.schiltz@RIdenver.com

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel. The location is great, near 16th Street Mall, and many bars and restaurants. The rooms are decent and the staff is cordial. I arrived on a late Friday morning, after flying in from Detroit. I went to the room to freshen up. My husband was in town on business and checked in the night before. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Two floors were under construction, inconvenient for anyone needing to do laundry or work out, but even worse was the racket that sounded like someone was tap dancing above the room. That wasn't possible because we were on the top floor. I finally decided it was construction sounds traveling up from the work being done 6 floors below. It seems presumptuous to me that a hotel would assume that a guest wouldn't want to relax in their room during the day. The noise was gone when we returned at night. The next morning we planned to eat at the complimentary breakfast before we headed out for our next destination. When we arrived, there were no eggs or sausage. Many of us milled about waiting for a refill. Eventually we knocked on the kitchen door and were told we'd have to wait another 5 minutes. This was an understatement and my husband shared his sausage with me and I compromised on a hard boiled egg. One of the main advantages for us in staying at Residence Inns is the breakfast. My husband is a Marriott platinum status and we are loyal Marriott customers, but I have to say, this was a disappointing experience.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
David S, Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Teri D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your most recent visit to our Hotel. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations with our Construction noise, and lack of food items available during Breakfast. I have shared your review with our Leadership team so that we may continue to improve ourselves for future guests.

Our Renovation is expected to be completed by the middle of March, and we're very excited for our new design. We hope that our modern and stylish upgrade will offer guests an even stronger impression to relax and unwind during their travels.

I hope the next time you're in the Mile High City, you'll provide us another opportunity to show you our improvements. Please don't hesitate in reaching out to me, so I can ensure we have the Red Carpet rolled out for you.

Thanks again, and I hope you have a Happy Holidays!

(303)248-9708

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Whenever in Denver for business this is the spot we choose. Perfectly placed and excellent staff attention to customer service. This last trip found superior attention given to meeting ours, and as observed, other customer need by (ALEX). This gentleman at the front desk exhibited superior customer care....great work and thank you!!!! Also very expansive breakfast offerings and reasonable evening offering. Unfortunately, this time, the health club was being renovated, which I expect will be wonderful next trip. This establishment is perfect for the price, location, offerings and personnel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Amazing staff, free upgrade, breakfast was very good (waffles, eggs, turkey and pork sausage), room was very spacious with a few on downtown. From the minute we entered the hotel we have exceptional service, all staff from housekeepers to morning buffet service are soo nice. I have seen some fancy hotel but the customer service is never this amazing.

Room Tip: Suite Business Class
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
David S, Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Rania E,

Wow, what an incredible review! Thank you so much for taking the time to rave about us. It's our mission to provide every guest with Service so memorable, and I'm glad we left such a positive impact. I will be sharing this review with our Team in congratulations of their hard work. Thank you again, and we look forward in having you back the next time you're in the Mile High City.

303-248-9708