“Nice but loud”

Thirsty Lion Pub and Grill Denver
Reserve with OpenTable
Thirsty Lion Pub and Grill Denver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 3,256 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to an exhibit at DAM, and I knew we'd want to have dinner before heading home. I've been interested in this place since it opened slightly before Union Station. So, we tried it this evening. My wife had the Gastropub burger, and she proclaimed it the best burger she's ever had. The Napa cabbage slaw was so so, but the fries were great. Very high praise indeed. I had the winter special of beef short rib with seasonal veggies and white cheddar mashed potatoes. The only quibble I had was that not everything on my plate was hot. A pet peeve for sure but I hate cold veggies. We were too full to try dessert but maybe next time. Service was spot on, and the only other complaint I had was that it was noisy. The drinks and wine menu was enough to keep me interested. Give it a go if you are in LoDo.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Overall my experience here was favorable and the food was very good.
My only complaint is the slow service getting our water and then our drinks. I didn’t get my cocktail until after my meal had arrived. We didn’t receive our water until after we ordered our meal. Maybe they were shorthanded that evening. I will give them another chance because the food was delicious.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Stopped in before a hockey game. Good food and large selection of craft beers. Give yourself extra time if wanting to catch a game as it can be very busy. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Great craft beers. Highly recommend Boddington Nitro Cream Ale. Pink Grapefruit martini
hits sweet and salty. Great salads. Try the grilled steak salad with chimichurri or roasted beet salad with grilled chicken.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Not a bad place at all for lunch set in a good location at the rear of union station.
A busy large place with a good outside sunny terrace.

A flight taster of six Colorado micro beers was a good varied choice and all rather refreshing and quaffable and not bad value at $12.

Cod tacos with black beans and a spicy dip, were plentiful with three per portion, double wrapped in corn tortillas and tasted good.

They just lacked cod and at $15 a plate the small amount of the main fishy ingredient was a let down.
Perhaps if they were to serve two tacos instead of three but with more cod it would be a better dish.

A jalepeno burger topped with guac, sour cream and thin crispy onion matchsticks and house fries was good and again a hearty portion.

Would return if in need of a good big lunch.