“Stopped in for a Pint”

Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: The Celtic Tavern and it's co-joined Delaney's cigar bar and lounge are open 7 days a week from 10.30 Am. We have over 200 whiskies, Scotch and bourbons, fine tequilas, after dinner specialty drinks and top of the range liquor selection. Great humidor selection in Delaney's and Off track betting, on both dogs and horses both Celtic and Delaney's side. Full restaurant menu, import beers and plenty of room for large parties , right down in cozy gatherings. We have several private party rooms , fireplaces, gaming and Mini bowling lanes. Come and enjoy live Irish session music every Sunday from 4 pm.
Reviewed 18 August 2017

In town for an overnight business trip. Took train from airport Westin to Celtic Tavern. Nice atmosphere. I ordered a hamburger, which was very good. The food price was average for a burger; but they charged me .25 cents for a side of mayonaise for my burger. They considered it 'dressing' and only offered me ketsup and mustard without charge.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We ate here in early June on a getaway trip to Denver. Our Irish waiter had just arrived from Ireland a few days earlier. He was very attentive, and it was interesting and comical helping him understand the meaning of "iced tea" and "sweetener". That was a real treat.

The pub was dark and rather empty for a Saturday night, but it was early. My wife and I both had the chicken pot pie. It had a flaky crust and was delicious!

The service was great and the food was excellent. The 4-rating was largely due to the atmosphere. We would still highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Great place to drink while gambling. Food was great. Staff was nice. The owner was even hanging out and gambling. It is a cool Irish Bar with another Bar connected through double doors so that smokers can enjoy themselves. I will definitely visit again next time I am in Denver

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I went in on a Friday evening with my girlfriend and parents. It wasn't particularly busy. No one came by with menus or water for 10 minutes. I finally waved a server down and asked for some menus, but she never came back after another 10 minutes so we left. Disappointing to be so ignored.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

On my way to Union Station and stopped in for an early meal. It is close to the Station where I was getting a shuttle bus.

1. Name: It is Irish lad 7.5/10
2. Decor: Lots of bits and pieces to give a comfortable feel to the place. A few TV screens for the sport enthusiast. A large horseshoe shaped bar with dark wood floors. Wood and brick walls with older wood tables and chairs 6/10.
3. Ambiance: It was quite but I was there early. Pop rock background music playing.The staff made you feel comfortable 7/10
4. Menu: It was extensive and I ended up with the Special - Meatloaf . There was an outstanding selection of beer. 8/10
5. Service: Sometimes when it is quite, service can be awful. Not so. The young lad was very keen on his duties. 8/10
6. Presentation: A large portion of vegetables and the Meatloaf in another dish 8/10
7. Freshness: Too hot to eat. 7.5/10